Nurses, Twin Cities Hospitals Reach Accord
- Twin Cities RNs Stage Country's Largest-Ever Nursing Strike. Rabbers, Jan // National Nurse;May2010, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the strike of 12,000 nurses in Minnesota's Twin Cities for patient safety on June 10, 2010. It states that the walkouts of the Minnesota Nurses Association is the largest nurse protest in United States history. It notes that the nurses were posted outside the 14 different...
- Rallying for ratios. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;6/14/2010, Vol. 40 Issue 24, p8
This article reveals the plan of U.S. nurses to bring the issue of nurse-patient ratios into the bargaining table when they negotiate union contracts, according to experts. On June 10, 2010, nurses held a one-day strike at unionized facilities in Minneapolis and Saint Paul, Minnesota. The prime...
- Minnesota RNs in Hibbing Pull Strike Notice After Marathon Bargaining. Rabbers, Jan // National Nurse;Apr2011, Vol. 107 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the move of over 150 registered nurses at Range Regional Health Services (RRHS) to pull their strike notice after progress was made on contract talks during a marathon. According to April Klander, chair of the Minnesota Nurses Association's bargaining team, they are...
- Working together: Despite success, integration has its problems too. Carlson, Joe // Modern Healthcare;7/25/2011 Anniversary Issue, p26
The article provides information on the healthcare market in the area of Bloomington, Saint Paul and Minneapolis in Minnesota. It says that the Allina Hospitals & Clinics is the largest health system in the market, which took in 26 percent of the market revenue in 2009. The author adds that the...
- Employers' Proposals Threaten Patient Care, Say Minnesota Nurses. Rabbers, Jan // National Nurse;Mar2010, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the comment of Minnesota Nurses Association that the proposal by employers endangered patient care since they want to decrease the pension benefit of nurses.
- Fairview Nurses to Management: "Can't Buy No Patient Satisfaction". // National Nurse;Mar2010, Vol. 106 Issue 2, p7
The article reports on the response of Minnesota Nurses Association (MNA) on the management at Fairview Health Systems regarding the improvement in patient satisfaction.
- Calgary's conundrum. Homersham, Bob // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;1/4/93, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p9
Announces Calgarians are faced with the prospect of unploughed, unsanded roads and uncollected trash as CUPE Local 37, the union representing the city's 2,000 outside workers votes to strike on January 8 and 9. Workers requesting immediate pay increase of six percent; City council's...
- Nice work if you can get it. Fuller, Patty // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/22/93, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p11
Discusses strikebreakers and the nine-day strike in September 1991 by the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC). Persecution of those who crossed the picket lines by coworkers and union bosses; The case of former Jasper National Park laborer Louis LeGuyader; Collecting salary for a year...
- No soap, say striking Soviet miners. Marples, D.R. // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Dec1989, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p38
Discusses the strikes by the coal miners in the Soviet Union. Sociological and political causes; Soviet government's response; Effects on the Soviet Union.