- KANSAS: Cutting to Close Shortfall. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/2/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33259, p9
The article reports that the Senate has agreed to the proposed 250 million dollars in budget cuts by Governor Mark Parkinson in Kansas.
- Gov. Renews Tax Effort. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/6/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33294, p9
No abstract available.
- NLGA Member Prepares to Succeed. // State News (Council of State Governments);Apr2009, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p32
The article announces the assumption of Kansas Lieutenant Governor Mark Parkinson as governor after Governor Kathleen Sebelius was appointed as U.S. Health and Human Services Secretary.
- 60 SECONDS WITH…. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Mar2011, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p4
An interview with Mark Parkinson, president and chief executive officer (CEO) of the American Health Care Association (AHCA), is presented in which he discusses the opposition of AHCA on a Medicaid provision under the budget proposal of U.S. President Barack Obama, the study released by the...
- More Road Money, Please. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p9
The article reports on the call of Democratic governor Mark Parkinson and two of his Republican predecessors to legislators to provide additional money for transportation program in Kansas.
- KANSAS: Gov. Seeks to Soften Blow. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/29/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33240, p7
The article reports on the plan of Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson to adopt new revenue measures and oppose deeper cuts in education spending while he reveals during a Legislature meeting on January 11, 2010 that he supports a second stimulus package under consideration by the U.S. Congress.
- KANSAS: Roadwork Grinds to a Halt. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports that Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson has enforced the immediate halt of all the new state road maintenance projects to avoid a 106 million dollars revenue shortfall in fiscal 2010.
- Kan. gov., tribe agree on compact over KCK casino. // Native American Times;12/24/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 52, p2
The article reports that Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson and the Wyandotte Nation of Oklahoma have agreed on a compact on December 17, 2010 allowing the tribe to upgrade its Kansas City casino, subject to approval by the Kansas legislature which reconvenes in January 2011.
- Parkinson honored. // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Dec2010, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p20
The article announces that Kansas Governor Mark Parkinson has received the Caring Award from the Kansas Advocates for Better Care.