Nonfarm Payrolls Fall 125K; Joblessness at 9.5%
- Time reduced for employers to deposit 401(k) contributions. Mermensolo, J. Michael; Geller, Sheldon M. // CPA Journal;May96, Vol. 66 Issue 5, p62
Reports on the US Department of Labor's issuance of proposed regulations that would reduce the maximum amount of time an employer will have to transmit employee salary reduction contributions amounts to a 401(k) plan. Existing rule on employee salary reduction contributions; Determination of...
- How a Department of LaborÃ¢pproved benefit plan can make fringe pay work for you. Smith, J. Zane // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/1/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 33, p21
The article discusses various issues related to a benefit plan approved by the U.S. Department of Labor that could add the taxes, unemployment, and payroll fees to the costs of the construction contractors in the U.S. Topics discussed include the ways to divert fringe pay of contractors into a...
- THE LOWDOWN ON UNPAID INTERNSHIP PROGRAMS. Taylor, Steve // HR Magazine;Nov2010, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p46
The article discusses the federal guidelines released by the U.S. Department of Labor in April 2010 on administering unpaid internship programs. Applying to for-profit private-sector employers, the guidelines define what makes an intern an employee as opposed to a trainee. According to...
- Some Good News On Jobs But inflation, interest-rate and stock-price figures offer no cheer. // Time;1/23/1978, Vol. 111 Issue 4, p62
The article offers information on the decline of unemployment rate in the U.S. in January 1978. According to the report prepared by the Department of Labor officials, one reason for the drop is merely that the economy grew quickly in 1977. In addition, some 4.1 million people were contributed to...
- Labor and Employment Law. // Caribbean Business;2012 Market Fact Book, p28
The article focuses on the labor and employment laws in Puerto Rico. It states that federal and local labor and employment laws administered by the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Puerto Rico Labor & Human Resources are applicable to both...
- Labor Department Report. // Congressional Digest;May89, Vol. 68 Issue 5, p133
Gives excerpts from the US Department of Labor's most recent `Annual Report.' The Department of Labor was created in 1913 to foster, promote and develop the welfare of American wage earners.
- Labor markets. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1996, p12
Focuses on the performance of the labor market according to the United States (US) Department of labor. Employment sector with a decline; Where there was an increase in employment.
- Labor market trends. // Economic Trends (07482922);Jan1996, p13
Reports that the goods-producing sector has declined according to the United States (US) Department of Labor. Shifts in the labor market.
- Minorities outnumber whites in New York's labor force. // Jet;7/16/90, Vol. 78 Issue 14, p13
Reports Labor Department statistics that show blacks and other minorities make up more than half of New York City's work force, but whites hold most higher-paying jobs.