Fall in Asset Values Hurts States' Pension Funds: S&P
- Industry funds regain ascendancy. Chant, Warren // Money Management;2/3/2011, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p7
The article announces the regaining of ascendancy of the industry superannuation funds over retail master trusts on in the later months of 2010 despite higher allocations to unlisted property in Australia.
- Making pensions add up. // Money Marketing;3/28/2002, p52
Reports on the need for an urgent action to stop the pension crisis in Great Britain as of March 2002. Reason for considering the withdrawal of final-salary pension schemes; Action to be taken by the government to alleviate the increase in the state funding of pensions; Proposals to lessen the...
- FORGING A NEW CONSENSUS ON PENSIONS. Thompson, Lawrence H. // Economic Survey of Europe;1999, Issue 3, p69
Examines economic issues raised by the debate about the scope and structures of national pension systems. Criticisms of pay-as-you-go pensions; Reason for creating mandatory retirement programs; Economic cost of pension programs.
- PENSION SYSTEMS AND REFORMS IN THE TRANSITION ECONOMIES. Augusztinovics, Maria // Economic Survey of Europe;1999, Issue 3, p89
Examines issues of pension schemes and pension reform in the transition economies. Demographic initial conditions for pensions; Economic trends which affected pension systems; Categories of pension schemes.
- Derivatives hard on fund managers. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;11/1/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p20
Reveals that pension fund use of futures, options and other derivatives will place immense pressure on key areas of investment management and global markets. Prediction that derivatives will hurt money managers while they will promote the global integration of the markets.
- Indexing turnover rates differ. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;5/16/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p2
Reports on the difference in the turnover rate for securities in internally managed indexed portfolios run by corporate pension funds as against indexed funds internally managed by public funds. Other findings of the study conducted by Victoria Group Inc. concerning indexed funds; Active...
- Super dips in November, rebounds in December. // Super Review;Feb2011, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the economic performance of the superannuation fund in November and December 2010 in Australia.
- Party allies press Polish premier to soften pension reform. // Regional Today;10/7/2013, p5
The article reports attempts of party allies of Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk to water down a hotly-contested plan to transfer a chunk of assets from private pension funds to the state.
- Master trusts outperform industry funds. // Super Review;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p3
The article announces that the retail master trusts have outperformed the industry funds through the help of the recovering share market.