Fearing Failure, California May Drop $11 .4B Water Bond Ballot
- D.C. Plans $522M of GO BABs Before Program Expire. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;11/24/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33422, p3
The article reports on the plan of the District of Columbia, to use the general obligation credit to maximize the Build America Bonds (BABs) savings.
- Taking the fear out of the bonds. Smith, Gary // American City & County;Apr95, Vol. 110 Issue 5, p12
Explains the financial management in the bond market. Municipal portfolios; Investments in agencies, mortgage-backed instruments or collateralized mortgage obligations; Compensation for risks and options.
- Managing bonds in today's rate environment. Douglas, Livingston G. // Pensions & Investments;4/18/1994, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p28
Presents strategies for active bond managers to employ in the changing rate environment in the United States. Value of yield; Value of rolldown; Definition of a break even analysis; Opportunities presented to active bond managers; Importance of risk control; Mismatch between assets and...
- Unemployment Bonds Eyed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/25/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33455, p7
The article reports on the consideration on whether Arkansas should issue bonds in order to repay 330 million dollar worth of unemployment benefits to the state's federal government.
- California Leads With Over $2B of Negotiated GOs. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;10/17/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33599, p3
The article reports that the municipal market of California is expected to produce 4.89 billion dollars in negotiated general obligation (GO) bonds in the week of October 17, 2011 from 3.64 million dollars in the previous week.
- TEXAS: Travis Eyes Road, Park GOs. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33554, p7
The article reports on the need of Travis County, Texas voters to decide on November 8, 2011 on the general obligation bond program for park and roads projects if commissioners accept the recommendations presented by a citizens committee.
- 25 largest domestic bond index managers. // Pensions & Investments;5/15/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 10, p32
Presents the 25 largest American bond index managers. Includes Wells Fargo Nikko; Ryan Labs; Mellon Bond.
- Three Mid-Sized Deals Welcome New Year. Posner, Matthew; Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/2/2007, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p6
The article provides updates on the three mid-sized bond deals in New York and Georgia for January 2007. The three deals makes up about 58% of the total issuance. Rockland County, New York will sell about $194.5 million of bonds in three series. The debt will finance a settlement the county and...
- State and feds at odds on lending. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/14/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 24, p15
The article offers information on the regulation of the state-assisted fund and exchange (SAFE) proposal in Connecticut.