N.Y.C. Council Passes Budget With $8.92B of Bond Sales
- Kyle council approves new budget, tax rate decrease. Kimmons, Sean // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);9/8/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 23, p1A
The article reports on the approval of the Kyle City Council in Texas on a renewed budget for the fiscal year 2010-2011, which reduces the tax rate up to 41.54 cents per property evaluation of 100 dollars.
- Having Their Say. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p7
The article deals with the plan of the Grand Valley Metro Council to track any possible reductions in the 2007 budget proposal of lawmakers for Grand Rapids, Michigan. Council members plan to create a state tax policy which will be considered in the budgeting process. The basis of policy is...
- OKLAHOMA: Tulsa Eyes Reserve Funds. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33063, p9
The article reports on the move of Tulsa, Oklahoma government to cover up its budget shortfall in fiscal 2009. Mayor Kathy Taylor has told the City Council to adjust budget on its emergency operating reserve to make up for a $3.6 million shortfall. The adjustment will cover the $3.5 million...
- Higher fees, taxes set by city council. // Inside Tucson Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p3
The article reports on the final approval made by the Tucson City Council in Arizona for a $1.3 billion city budget that requires for increasing revenues by $16.6 million. It is noted that the approval is effective on July 1, 2009 which will bring a two percent increase on landline and mobile...
- D.C. Political Roundup. Wright, James // Washington Informer;1/16/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 14, p5
The article reports on Shadow Representative Nate Bennett-Fleming's declaration of candidacy for the Democratic Party nomination for a seat on the Washington, D.C. Council in 2014, and the new budget law of the District that was passed in April 2013.
- Chicago Council OKs $6B Budget. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/14/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32754, p1
The article reports on the approval given by the Chicago City Council in Illinois to the $5.9 billion budget composed of $275 million of tax and fee increases to close its deficit and cover increased spending on libraries and personnel for the fiscal year 2008. The increase in budget amounts to...
- Elizabeth Fine and James Caras Twenty-Five Years of the Council-Mayor Governance of New York City: A History of the Council's Powers, the Separation of Powers, and Issues for Future Resolution. FINE, ELIZABETH; CARAS, JAMES // New York Law School Law Review;2013/2014, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p119
The article examines the history of the New York City Council's, the legislative body for the City of New York, existing legislative, budget, and land use powers and reflects on the separation of powers between the Council and city mayor. It discusses the areas in which the mayor and the Council...
- Minnesota Passes Budget-Repair Measure. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;5/16/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31388, p34
No abstract available.
- Hospitals fear repercussions of Boren Amendment repeal. Figura, Susannah Zak // AHA News;12/22/97, Vol. 33 Issue 49, p3
Focuses on the impact of the repealing of the Boren Amendment of the 1997 Balance Budget Act on hospitals in the United States. Use of existing administrative procedures process; Public hearings held to share proposed and final changes of the legislation.