Volume Swoons In June
- Last-Minute Flurry of BABs Puts 4Q at $133B. MCGEE, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;1/4/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33444, p1
The article focuses on the increased total issuance of Build America Bonds (BABs) which amounted to 132.5 billion dollars during the fourth quarter of 2010. It cites that strategist Chris Mier of Loop Capital Markets considers BABs as the highlight of 2010 after it had a great impact on the long...
- Munis 'Ignore Everything,' Hold Steady in Quiet Session. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;5/31/2011, Vol. 376, p2
The article reports on the steady performance of the municipal bonds market despite the fluctuations in trading in the U.S. on May 27, 2011.
- Municipal Volume Estimated at $3.74 Billion Next Week. Kreps, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/10/2011, Vol. 121 Issue 33779, p1
The article informs that the municipal bonds volume in the U.S. securities markets has been estimated at 3.74 billion U.S. dollars.
- Market Close: Big Deals Price; Munis Rise. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;12/17/2014, Issue 34228, p1
The municipal bond market saw some of the last of the big issues priced on Tuesday. Prices of high-quality municipal bonds were stronger, according to Municipal Market Data.
- Munis Unchanged in Light Activity. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/14/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33232, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal securities market in the U.S. It mentions that the sector remains unchanged due to the fairly light trading activity on December 11, 2009. It states that the yield for the benchmark 10-year note opened at 3.49% and closed at 3.55%, while...
- Cold Calling 2012. Good, Bill // Research;Sep2012, p61
The article focuses on the concept of cold calling in the securities market in the U.S. It offers information on the tax-free municipal bond fund. It offers information on the concept of prospecting, selling cycle in the cold calling. It offers information on the strategies to accept accounts...
- In This Case, More Regulation Is a Good Thing. Feinberg, Hill // Bond Buyer;6/27/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33539, p28
In this article the author discusses the issues related to the regulation for municipal bonds in the U.S. He mentions that the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MRSB) and Financial Industry Regulation Authority are cooperating to address the problem. He points out that the effectiveness of...
- Munis Firm a Bit With Little Movement. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;1/27/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33457, p2
The article discusses the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on January 26, 2011. It states that the secondary trading activity was moderate because market participants continued to deal with a lack of supply in the primary. It details the decrease in Municipal Market Data triple-A...
- Market Post: Ahead of Three-Day Weekend, Activity Slows. Riggs, Taylor // Bond Buyer;10/15/2013, Vol. 122 Issue 33995, p1
The article informs that the trading activity in the U.S. Securities market opened on a slow note on October 11, 2013 after negative feedback from Puerto Rico. It informs that the yields on the triple-A Municipal Market Data scale ended as much as four basis points higher. It also informs that...