Bond-Funded Bank Floated
- MICHIGAN: Mayor Slams Wall Street. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/8/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33379, p7
The article reports on the remarks of Democratic gubernatorial candidate and Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero on his plan to stop doing business with Wall Street banks if it hesitate to participate in the foreclosure program in Michigan.
- Bernero takes the primaries in landslide vote. Carreras, Jessica // Between the Lines (10807551);8/12/2010, Issue 1832, p6
The article reports on the victory of Virg Bernero for governor of Michigan in the August 3, 2010 primaries.
- Michigan Nurses Get On Board for Their Candidate. Sincox, Ann Kettering // National Nurse;Jul2010, Vol. 106 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that Virg Bernero was endorsed by several nurses for gubernatorial position for the coming election in Michigan.
- Michigan Governor's Race. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p6
The article offers information on some of the important plans and policy decisions of Virg Bernero and Rick Snyder, who are contesting for the post of Michigan's Governor.
- Gov candidates have plans for biz. // Crain's Detroit Business;10/18/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 43, p9
The article informs about the policy proposals for business enterprises outlined by candidates Virg Bernero and Rick Snyder who are fighting for the post of Governor in Michigan.
- Meet the Candidates. Carreras, Jessica // Between the Lines (10807551);7/22/2010, Issue 1829, p8
An interview with Detroit, Michigan democratic gubernatorial candidates Andy Dillon and Virg Bernero is presented. When asked why he cares about protecting the LGBT community, Dillon states that he does not like discrimination. Bernero cites that protecting the LGBT community is a personal issue...
- Why BTL backs Bernero. // Between the Lines (10807551);7/22/2010, Issue 1829, p10
The author reflects on the move of the LGBT community to support the candidacy of Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero in Detroit, Michigan. The author states that Bernero is a leader who can fulfill the promises he makes and will make good commitment to the LGBT rights. The author also mentions that the...
- Candidates say they'll change or end MBT. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;9/20/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 39, p4
The article focuses on the plans of Virg Bernero and Rick Snyder, two candidates for governor of Michigan, regarding changes in business tax in the state. Bernero says that he will try to eliminate 21.99% surcharge on business tax in the state. He also plans not to increase taxes. Snyder also...
- 2010 Newsmakers of the Year: RICK SNYDER. Lane, Amy // Crain's Detroit Business;1/3/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p7
The article presents information about Rick Snyder, governor of state of Michigan and chairman of Ann Arbor-based venture capital firm Ardesta LLC. It is said that Snyder's positioning as a Lansing outsider who could bring a new approach to the state government, helped him in defeating the...