Michigan Resigned to Missing Its Budget Deadline
- Political jockeying ahead as chambers mesh budgets. Gautz, Chris // Crain's Detroit Business;4/29/2013, Vol. 29 Issue 17, p0030
The article focuses on the budget plans being created by the Michigan House and Senate for 2013-2014. One of the changes is the House Republicans' retreat from their position of cutting aid to public bodies that signed union contracts prior to the enactment of the right-to-work law. According to...
- $10M in state funding 'integral piece' in construction of Detroit rail tunnel. GAUTZ, CHRIS // Crain's Detroit Business;6/16/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 24, p0010
The article reports on the decision of lawmakers to include 10 million dollars appropriation in the Michigan budget for the construction of a double-decker rail tunnel under the Detroit River. Topics covered include the total amount needed for the construction of the rail tunnel, members of...
- MICHIGAN: Oakland Passes Budget. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/26/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33788, p7
The article reports that the Oakland County, Michigan has approved the three years general fund budget of 1.27 billion U.S. dollars without any tax increment.
- Detroit Budget Gets Nod. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;5/30/2012, p7
The article reports on the approval of the Detroit City Council in Michigan to the 1.12 billion U.S. dollars fiscal budget for 2013.
- Wayne Has Multi-Year Plan. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;4/13/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33499, p7
The article offers information on the proposed adoption of a multi-year budget of Wayne County in Michigan.
- How much is too much? Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/8/2009, Vol. 27 Issue 37, p5
The article reports on the reserve funds needed by Kent County, Michigan. The county allotted about 21 million U.S. dollar for emergency operations, with eight million U.S. dollar in unreserved fund balance which the county can spend wherever it is needed. While Grand Rapids has a policy that...
- Snyder's budget starts on right track. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p6
The article presents the author's comments on the approach of Michigan governor Rick Snyder, for the state's budget.
- TALK ON THE WEB. // Crain's Detroit Business;2/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to stories and blogs that appeared on the journal's website, including "Gov. Snyder's budget," "Borders files for bankruptcy," and "Detroit light rail gains support."
- Medicaid spared; teaching hospitals face cuts. GREENE, JAY // Crain's Detroit Business;2/21/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p25
The article presents information on the impact of Michigan governor Rick Snyder's proposed 2012 budget, on teaching hospitals, doctors, and nursing homes.