L.A. Treasurer Nominated to Be Atlanta CFO
- Joya De Foor Out as Atlanta CFO Under Slightly Murky Circumstances. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/20/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33602, p5
The article reports on the departure of Joya De Foor as chief financial officer in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Taming the Juggernaut: City of Los Angeles Treasury. // Treasury & Risk;Nov2009, p29
The article discusses the solutions implemented by treasurer Joya De Foor and assistant treasurer Crista Binder to tackle the juggernaut at the City of Los Angeles Treasury in California. According to Binder, the team took care to separate ownership of the project from the policymakers of the...
- Authentic Expression. Cashman, Kevin; Walsh, Paul // Executive Excellence;Jun2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Comments on the importance of encouraging self-expression among chief executive officers. Role of expression in sustaining administrative effectiveness and authenticity; Value of expression in honing leadership skills and qualities.
- Are CFOs Ready For Prime Time? O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/27/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 41, p28
Focuses on the readiness of chief financial officers to regulations in the U.S. Results of a survey conducted by CFO Research Services and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- CORRECTION. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul/Aug2008 Supplement, p4
A correction is presented to a graphic that appeared on page 22 of the May/June, 2008 issue.
- CFOs bullish on expansion, but worry about tax increases. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug93, Vol. 14 Issue 81, p28
Reports on the corporate chief financial officers' (CFO) optimism on expansion opportunities for 1993. Concerns over the effect of tax increases; Percentage of companies with expansion plans; Percentage of companies cautious about expansions; Concern over corporate tax policy; Other threats to...
- Private firms should revisit accounting practices. // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 11, p5
Relates the results of a survey of chief financial officers on the impact of new accounting regulations in the U.S. Changes in firms' accounting procedures; Enhancement of organization's internal audit function.
- Fortune 1,000 Chief Financial Officers on Business School Education. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p47
Surveys the educational background of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies. Actual schools attended by the CFOs and the majors and degrees they earned; CFOs' undergraduate and graduate choices if they were preparing for their current position; Popularity of Bachelor...
- What Does a Graduate Need?: Evidence from the Careers and Opinions of CFOs. Collier, Ben; Wilson, Michael J. // Financial Practice & Education;Fall/Winter94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p59
Surveys the attitudes of the chief financial officers (CFO) of the Fortune 1000 companies towards selected academic subjects and skills. Career paths of the CFOs; Number of areas worked by typical CFO; Useful academic subjects and personal skills; Finance and accounting as very important...