House Passes Bill to Extend Airport Funding for a Month
- House Ways and Means carries on under new chairman; Senate Labor and Human Resources Committee... // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;6/20/94, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p8
Reports on the proposal of House Ways and Mean Committee Acting Chairman Sam Gibbons to modify the bill previously approved by the health subcommittee. Provisions of Gibbons's proposed version; Plans of Michael A. Andrews to offer an amendment to strike the bill's price controls; Efforts of...
- High Performance Buildings Council Rallies Support on Capitol Hill. // Electroindustry;Jul2014, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p6
The article reports that members of the High Performance Buildings Council along with the staff of several House Ways & Means Committee members visited on May 19, 2014 the Capitol Hill.
- House OKs pension reform. Gates, Max // Automotive News;7/25/1994, Vol. 68 Issue 5562, p1
Reports on the House Ways and Means Committee's passage of a pension reform bill that would require employers to more quickly fund pension benefits. Reaction of automakers; Prospects for final passage.
- Superfund legislation at Ways and Means. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Oct94, Vol. 195 Issue 10, p16JJ
Reports on the House Ways and Means Committee's approval of the Superfund legislation (H.R. 3800). Floor debate of the H.R. 3800.
- Pension Reform Flies Through Ways And Means Committee. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;4/30/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 18, p33
Announces the approval of the Portman-Cardin pension reform bill, H.R. 10, by the United States House Ways and Means Committee. Comments from David Winston, vice president of government affairs for the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors, on the bill; Provision of the...
- And another thing, Harry: Under the Clinton plan my nose job isn't deductible! // Common Cause Magazine;Spring95, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p5
Reports on the work of former lobbyist Charles Kahn as staff director of the United States House Ways and Means health subcommittee.
- Senate action moves Superfund one step closer to reauthorization. Hoffmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;8/8/94, Vol. 28 Issue 32, p2
Reports on the legislation on the Superfund reform bill. Environmental Insurance Resolution Fund; Amendments proposed by the House Ways and Means Committee; Support of the insurance industry.
- Health reform starts trek in Congress. Fisher, Mary Jane // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;3/21/94, Vol. 98 Issue 12, p1
Reports on the House Ways and Means Health Subcommittee's health reform proposal. Approved employer mandate specifying the percentage of employees' health insurance premium to be paid by employer; Marking up of the Medicare Part C bill drafted by Chairman Fortney Stark; Projected annual revenue...
- Budget bill clears committee. // Association Management;Oct95, Vol. 47 Issue 10, p11
No abstract available.