Louisiana Treasurer Criticizes Governor, Legislature Over Budget
- Patronage Jobs Targeted. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/14/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33500, p9
The article reports on the campaign of Louisiana Treasurer John Kennedy to balance state budget through the elimination state political patronage jobs.
- Kennedy Blasts Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/18/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33568, p9
The article offers statements from Louisiana Treasurer John Kennedy concerning the failure of the state to implement long-term financial solutions while balancing the fiscal 2012 budget.
- Untitled. Blake, Aaron // Hill;4/8/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p22
The article reports that State Treasurer John Kennedy outraised Senator Mary Landrieu in the first quarter of 2008, in reference to reports filed with the Federal Election Commission.
- Louisiana Postpones $500 Million GO Sale, Maybe Until Next Summer. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/30/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32993, p5
The article reports on the move of Louisiana to postpone a planned sale of $500 million of state general obligation bonds (GO) due to turmoil in the credit markets in the U.S. State Treasurer John N. Kennedy stated that the bonds will not be sold before January 2009, claiming that they will...
- La. treasurer settles in. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p1
Reports on the plans of John Kennedy, elected Treasurer of Louisiana. Skills and experience of Kennedy; Approach of Kennedy to campaigning.
- Kennedy to Run. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;3/4/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31834, p31
Reports that Louisiana State Treasurer John Kennedy will run for the U.S. Senate seat currently held by Democrat John Breaux, who is retiring.
- Pros and Cons Will Be Heard at Louisiana Hospital Meeting. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/26/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33554, p5
The article reports that Louisiana Treasurer John Kennedy will hear from opponents and backers of the proposed New Orleans University Medical Center at a public meeting to be held in the state in July 2011.
- LOUISIANA: Tobacco Bill on the Move. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/31/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32640, p9
The article reports on the final passage of a bill that allow Louisiana to securitize the remaining 40% of its national tobacco settlement revenue and to refinance its outstanding tobacco bonds in the House. The measure could net the state about $1 billion in proceeds. However, State Treasurer...
- Senate banking panel takes shape. McKendry, Ian // Credit Union Journal;Jan2017, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p8
The article presents information on the new faces in the U.S. Senate Banking Committee which include Senators David Perdue of Georgia, John Kennedy of Louisiana, and Chris Van Hollen of Maryland.