N.J.'s Christie Signs $29.4 Billion Budget
- N.J. Gov. Christie Offers $29.3 Billion Budget Plan. Kaske, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/17/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33283, p6
The article announces the 29.3 billion dollars budget proposal of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie for 2011. It notes that this plan reduces spending in all state departments starting July 1. It points out that Christie proposed limiting municipal payroll and employee benefit cost increases to...
- BUDGET BOMBSHELL. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p1
The article focuses on the implication for the business community of the budget cuts in 375 programs unveiled by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in an effort to close a 2.2-billion-dollar deficit on February 12, 2010.
- More budget pain on horizon, Christie says. Daks, Martin C. // njbiz;2/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on a warning about further budget constraints issued by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie at a Berkeley Heights conference in February 2010.
- Business advocates praise governor's budget cuts. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p3
The article reports on the opposition of groups supporting residents with disabilities, school districts and hospitals and the positive responses of the New Jersey Business & Industry Association to the budget cut unveiled by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie in February 2010.
- Business applauds Christie's $2.2B in budget cuts. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p2
The article reports on the 2.2 billion dollar budget cut made by New Jersey Governor Chris Christie which include budget cuts in school aids, Board of Public Utilities' Clean Energy Fund and colleges and universities.
- Business groups praise effort to limit state spending. KITCHENMAN, ANDREW // njbiz;8/16/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 33, p5
The article reports that business groups are supporting New Jersey governor Chris Christie's proposed bills which aim to limit the growth of state spending.
- Treasurer, Democrats spar at budget hearing. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;4/12/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the disagreement between New Jersey Treasurer Andrew Sidamon-Eristoff and Democrats over Governor Chris Christie's spending plan.
- Christie talks pensions as he touts $33.8B budget, road map to reform. Strauss, Eric // njbiz;3/2/2015, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p2
The article reports that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie expresses concern on the potential increase of state government spending on pension payments as part of a proposed 33.8-billion-dollar budget plan, as the U.S. Supreme Court obliged Christie to revive 1.6 billion dollars in retirement...
- Few readers expect repeat of government shutdown. // njbiz;7/4/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 27, p13
The article discusses the results of a 2011 readers' poll on whether New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and the state legislature will be able to pass a budget by the deadline.