Research ethics council faces dissolution
- Succeeding in Las Vegas. Bailey, Maria; Green, Steve // Las Vegas Business Press;03/10/97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p28
Offers suggestions for handling solicitations for contributions by non-profit organizations. Tips for investigating the non-profit group's legitimacy; Value of offering services instead of cash contributions; Option for businesses and business people to give to charities on a one-time basis;...
- Lancaster County Community Foundation awards $150K. Holzman, Paula // Central Penn Business Journal;5/28/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 23, p2
The article reports on the grant amounting to 150,000 U.S. dollars awarded by the Lancaster County Community Foundation to six local nonprofit organizations in Pennsylvania.
- Caisse Populaire gives generously to four local organizations. Standup, Jordan // Eastern Door;1/28/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the move of Caisse Populaire of Kahnawake to donate 26,000 dollar for the local organizations in Kahnawake, Quebec.
- Donations to the Polanyi Society. // Tradition & Discovery;2010/2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses the donations to the Polanyi Society in the U.S. which are used to promote thing such as travel fund for students.
- Foundation Splits $1.2M Between Nonprofits. Sinovic, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;11/8/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 45, p7
The article reports on the 1.2 million-dollar grant awarded by the Alliance Healthcare Foundation to nonprofit organizations Social Interest Solutions and text4baby in its 2010 Innovation Initiative grant competition in San Diego, California.
- Human Dignity Foundation seeks grant proposals. // Gay & Lesbian Times;3/13/2003, Issue 794, p20
Announces the San Diego Human Dignity Foundation's acceptance of applications for its 2003 funding cycle. Deadline for submission of proposals; Requirements for nonprofit organizations that want to apply for grants; Contact information.
- Long journey home just the beginning. Wiwchar, David // Windspeaker;Jan2005, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p13
This article reports on the return of the hundreds of vials of Nuu-chah-nulth blood after forty years. Richard Ward took the blood between 1982 and 1985 for a $330,000 arthritis study. The study was funded by the company Health Canada and hoped to show a genetic predisposition of the...
- (HEALTH) Anheuser-Busch Foundation Provides Education, Minority Grants. // Children & Youth Funding Report;2/25/2011, p10
The article offers information related to the education and minority grants provided by the Anheuser-Busch Foundation (ABF). It states that over the past decade, ABF has contributed more than 360 million dollars to nonprofit organizations in the U.S. It also offers information on the minority...
- HONOR DONOR WALL. Rice, Bert L. // Officer Review Magazine;Oct2009, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p22
The article reports on the effort by the Military Order of the World Wars (MOWW) to increase the order's Endowment Fund. There are programs such as the Honor Donor Wall aimed to increase the fund with the support of friends of the order, organizations and businesses. It notes that donors who...