Visa Share Earnings Estimates Inch Up
- Visa Profits Climb as Card Use Rises. Lepro, Sara // American Banker;2/4/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 19, p16
The article reports that Visa's profits increased by a third in its fiscal first quarter, which ended on December 31, 2009, and there was an increased usage of Visa debit and credit cards by U.S. consumers.
- Visa's Income Shoots Up 40%. Johnson, Andrew // American Banker;7/28/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 116, p2
The article presents brief information about the financial performance of credit card company Visa Inc. which reported a fiscal third quarter 2011 profit of $1 billion.
- Visa Swings to a Loss on Litigation Costs. Finkle, Victoria // American Banker;7/26/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 115, p16
The article focuses on the financial performance of Visa card network, a California company that posted a $1.8 billion loss in its fiscal third-quarter due to a $4.1 billion litigation provision.
- Visa Card Volume Up 12% in Feb. Lepro, Sara // American Banker;3/12/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F310, p6
The article reports that the credit card company Visa Inc. announced that payment volume on its U.S. cards increased by 12 percent in February, 2010, largely due to increased use of debit cards by consumers.
- Visa Spending in Asia Rises. Chibber, Ankush // American Banker;6/16/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 92, p6
The article reports that the credit card company Visa Inc. announced that total consumer and small business spending by users of Visa credit cards in the Asia-Pacific region increased over 13 percent in the 12 months ending March 31, 2010.
- Visa to Size Up Durbin Impact on July 6. JOHNSON, ANDREW // American Banker;6/27/2011, Vol. 176 Issue 98, p5
The article reports Visa Inc. payment network does not expect the proposed restrictions on debit card transaction fees to affect its business and Visa's financial outlook for fiscal 2011 will be updated on July 6, 2011 with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
- Visa Ranks Top Olympic Spenders. // American Banker;3/5/2010, Vol. 175 Issue F309, p8
The article states that U.S. consumers have spent $61.1 million with their Visa credit cards during the 2010 Winter Olympics, according to Visa Inc.
- Investor Sentiment and Asymmetric Earnings Revisions. Wong, Shee Q. // American Business Review;Jan2003, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p17
Examines the possibility that financial analysts, in forming their earnings forecasts, might be influenced by prevailing investor sentiment in the United States.
- Discussion of 'Accounting Conservatism and the Temporal Trends in Current Earnings' Ability to Predict Future Cash Flows versus Future Earnings: Evidence on the Trade-off between Relevance and Reliability'. RIEDL, EDWARD J. // Contemporary Accounting Research;Summer2010, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p461
The article reviews a paper in the current issue entitled "Accounting conservatism and the temporal trends in current earnings' ability to predict future cash flows versus future earnings: Evidence on the trade-off between relevance and reliability" by S. Bandyopadhyay, C. Chen, A. Huang, and R....