THE NAME GAME
- Knit one, purl two all the way to the bank. McDaniels, Nevonne // Wenatchee Business Journal;Jul2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, pB4
Features the Fiber Trends, a wholesale pattern company for hand-knit designs and knitting accessory products and owned by Beverly Galeskas in Wenatchee, Washington. Number of products offered to yarn and craft stores; Description of its warehouse space; Delivery of sideline products via phone,...
- IN PRAISE OF THE URBAN YARN SHOP. Wardrop, Lynne // Crochet!;May2006, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p44
The article focuses on independent yarn shops (IYS) in the U.S. IYS are stores located in small towns and big cities. The best part of the shop is the selection of yarns. Individual shops select color ranges, fibers, novelty yarns and designer patterns and tools to meet the needs of all levels...
- Spinning a Successful Yarn. DuBois, Karen // Business NH Magazine;Oct2015, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p10
The article offers information on Yarn and Fiber Co. in Derry, New Hampshire. Insights of co-owner Cyndi Catt about the business, the craft of knitting and crocheting, and the classes and workshops held in the store, are provided. It mentions the importance of local sourcing, the growing...
- Untitled. // Crochet!;Winter2014, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p79
No abstract available.
- Yarn Therapy. Hinnant, Amanda // Real Simple;Nov2001, Vol. 2 Issue 9, p84
Making a scarf is to knitting what the doggy paddle is to swimming. The basic stitch comes almost naturally to beginners, and with a scarf there is no need to worry about graceful lines and curves or fit. Also, you do not need to know how to knit to complete this scarf. Ann Regis, co-owner of...
- yarn shop directory. // Interweave Crochet;Spring2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p93
A directory of the yarn shops in the U.S., is presented including A Yarn Less Raveled, Looped Yarn Works and Knutty Knitters.
- Undy Yarncrafts. // Machine Knitting Monthly;Sep2013, Issue 188, p11
The article offers information on Undy Yarncrafts shop in Chepstow, Wales which stocks wide range of yarns and yarn related craft accessories.
- The perfect fall sweater. // Real Simple;Nov2000, Vol. 1 Issue 7, p96
This article presents information on some sweaters as fall collection. Sweater at a little boutique. Ann Regis, cofounder of Gotta Knit!, a New York City yarn shop, developed quick and easy sweater. It offers a kit, which includes the wool and needles, for $85 plus shipping and handling, easily...
- yarn shop directory. // Interweave Crochet;Winter2015, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p86
No abstract available.