Subclinical hyperthyroidism and dementia: the Sao Paulo Ageing & Health Study (SPAH)
- Thyroid disease. Warren, Ed // Update;Mar2007, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p20
The article presents information about the clinical features and treatments for various forms of thyroid diseases including hypothyroidism, subclinical hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, subclinical hyperthyroidism, and thyroid swelling. Some of the clinical features for hypothyroidism include...
- Hyperthyroidism and pregnancy. Marx, Helen; Amin, Pina; Lazarus, John H. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/22/2008, Vol. 336 Issue 7645, p663
The article presents an overview of the management of hyperthyroidism in pregnancy, which can lead to an increased risk of fetal loss, pre-eclampsia, heart failure and premature labor in pregnant women. A discussion of the prevalence of the disorder in pregnant women, and of the impact it can...
- Hyperthyroidism and a thyroid nodule. Lee, Stephanie L. // Endocrine Today;Mar2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p23
The article describes the case of a 51-year-old female patient with uterine fibroids, menorrhagia and iron deficiency anemia who was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism and thyroid nodule.
- Ectopic lingual thyroid. El Amine, Amani Mohammed; Kamel, Chikh // Indian Journal of Endocrinology & Metabolism;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p365
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "A rare case of lingual thyroid with hyperthyroidism: A case report and review of the literature," published in the May-June 2012 issue.
- Hyperthyroidism. Hasham, Fasiha // Muslim Observer;5/20/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 21, p16
The article offers information about hyperthyroidism, an overproduction of thyroid hormones.
- The Natural History of the Autonomous Hyperfunctioning Thyroid Nodule. Silverstein, Gerald E.; Burke, Gerald; Cogan, R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Sep67 Part 1, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p539
Studies the natural history of a group of patients with autonomous hyperfunctioning thyroid nodules in order to resolve the relationship between autonomous hyperfunctioning thyroid nodules and thyrotoxicosis. Effect of hyperactive nodules on patients; Degeneration within an autonomous nodule...
- Hot thyroid nodules can sometimes be cancer. Repas, Thomas B. // Endocrine Today;Feb2014, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p24
The article presents a case study of a woman presented with hyperthyroidism and had to undergo a total thyroidectomy because of hyperfunctioning nodule that turned out to be a follicular thyroid cancer.
- Diagnosis and Management of Thyrotoxicosis. Hennessey, James V. // American Family Physician;9/15/1996, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p1315
Discusses thyrotoxicosis. Evaluation of suspected thyrotoxicosis; Signs and symptoms; Physical findings; Drug therapy; Surgical treatment; Adjunctive therapy; Follow-up examinations.
- Thyrotoxicosis in Bebin City: a study of the surgical treatment of 30 patients. Osime, U.; Okobia, M.N. // Journal of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh;Oct99, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p337
Presents an abstract of the study 'Thyrotoxicosis in Bebin City: A Study of the Surgical Treatment of 30 Patients,' by U. Osime and M.N. Okobia, which was presented at the Joint Meeting of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh and the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, with the...