Mother's occupation and sex ratio at birth
- DESKTOP beauty. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Sep2013, p48
The article presents tips on how female office workers prevent the aging effects of stress and long work hours. Staring at the computer screen causes squinting, which makes wrinkles appear more prominent. Skin cell turnover is increased during times of psychological stress, resulting in dry...
- so STRESSED! CRAZY busy! totally NUTS! Percival, Felicity // Cleo;Sep2004, Issue 383, p101
Analyzes the factors that contribute to competitive stress syndrome (CSD) among career women. Influence of female competition on CSD; Effects of creating unnecessary stress on one's health; Ways to manage CSD.
- Social Determinants of Stroke as Related to Stress at Work among Working Women: A Literature Review. Toivanen, Susanna // Stroke Research & Treatment;2012, p1
In adult life, many of the social determinants of health are connected to working life. Yet, our knowledge of the role of work-related factors for the risk of stroke is fairly limited. In contemporary occupational health research, the Demand-Control Model (DCM) is frequently used to measure work...
- Mission: Almost Impossible Working Mothers Struggle to Balance Career and Home Life. Mitchell, Kathleen // BusinessWest;3/12/2012, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p49
The article presents the findings of a study by the University of the North Carolina regarding working mothers in the U.S. The study shows that working mothers have better health and lesser symptoms of depression and anxiety than stay-at-home mothers. However, it also showed that mothers with...
- INFLUENCE OF ENVIRONMENTAL VARIABLES ON PRONENESS TO BURNOUT AMONG MARRIED WORKING NURSING MOTHERS IN IBADAN, NIGERIA. Akande, Elizabeth; Nwadinigwe; Ikechukwu, Peter // Journal of Educational Review;Jul-Sep2013, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p357
This study investigated the influence of environmental variables on proneness to burnout among married working nursing mothers in Ibadan, Nigeria. The Sample comprises 600 married working nursing mothers selected through stratified random sampling technique from accessible population of...
- Is Your Mom Stressed? Olheiser, Elisha // Skipping Stones;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p6
The article discusses the stress faced by working mothers in the U.S. As stated, on an average most working mothers in the U.S. work for 15-18 hours in a day. It is stated that apart from working in offices, mothers have to look after the household chores that include cooking meals, shopping for...
- ABOUT TO BLOW YOUR TOP? Cettina, Teri // Working Mother;Jun/Jul2011, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p27
The article discusses the steps for a mad-makeover for working mothers. It notes that identifying the things that incite anger is important because it is an emotion that tells a person that something needs to be changed and determining the action the that should be and should not be done is...
- Guilt Throws Working Moms Off Balance. // OfficePro;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p10
The article reports on stress levels facing working mothers, as revealed in the results of a study that was published in the "Journal of Health and Social Behavior" in 2011.
- The juggling act. Friedman, Dana // Working Mother;Aug94, p24
Provides advice on coping with job-related stress. Freeing oneself of emotional slack; Recognition of one's value to the company; Issue of burnout; Other ways to reduce stress.