The influence of parental smoking and family type on saliva cotinine in UK ethnic minority children: a cross sectional study
- A survey of schoolchildren's exposure to secondhand smoke in Malaysia. // BMC Public Health;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p634
The article focuses on the survey conducted to identify factors influencing schoolchildren to secondhand smoke (SHS) in Malaysia. It characterizes exposures to SHS with the use of salivary cotinine concentrations of school children. It is reported that Malaysian school children have higher...
- Secondhand Smoke & Children. // Massage & Bodywork;Dec/Jan2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the health risk of secondhand smoke to the children. Cause of respiratory and behavior problems in children; Association of smoking to the low level of intelligence; Identification of tobacco exposure levels.
- Children exposed to 80 per cent less smoke. // Community Practitioner;Aug2015, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p18
The article presents a survey published in a 2015 issue of the scientific journal "Addiction," which showed that the number of children in Great Britain who were exposed to second-hand smoke has declined by 80% since 1998.
- Breathtaking evidence. Helena, Dame // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);6/5/2008, Vol. 108 Issue 4123, p12
The author stresses the importance of ensuring the safety of children's lungs. She notes that once lungs are damaged, they seldom recover. She cites evidence which reveals an estimated 17,000 children being hospitalised each year in Great Britain as a result of passive smoking. The author also...
- Exposure of pre-school children to passive cigarette and narghile smoke in Beirut. Tamim, Hala; Akkary, Ghassan; El-Zein, Abbas; el-Roueiheb, Zana; El-Chemaly, Souheil // European Journal of Public Health;Oct2006, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p509
Background: Narghile is a resurging smoking device. However, little research has been done to assess passive smoking exposure. The objective of the present study is to evaluate the exposure of pre-school age children in Beirut to parental passive smoking from cigarette and/or narghile. Methods:...
- Bar Workers Exposure to Second-Hand Smoke: The Effect of Scottish Smoke-Free Legislation on Occupational Exposure. Sean Semple; Laura Maccalman; Audrey Atherton Naji; Scott Dempsey; Shona Hilton; Brian G. Miller; Jon G. Ayres // Annals of Occupational Hygiene;Oct2007, Vol. 51 Issue 7, p571
Objectives: To examine changes in bar workers exposure to second-hand smoke (SHS) over a 12-month period before and after the introduction of Scottish smoke-free legislation on the 26 March 2006. Methods: A total of 371 bar workers were recruited from 72 bars in three cities: Aberdeen, Glasgow,...
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Children's Digest;Jan/Feb94, Vol. 44 Issue 409, p46
Presents questions and answers about health for children. Risks from secondhand smoke; Asthma attacks; Hours of sleep need by children.
- Ask Doctor Cory. SerVaas, Cory // Children's Playmate Magazine;Apr/May94, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p46
Presents questions and answers concerning children's health. tips in dealing with ticks; Danger from secondhand smoke; Washing of fruits.
- Environmental tobacco smoke in Norwegian homes, 1995 and 2001: changes in children's exposure and parents attitudes and health risk awareness. Lund, Karle E.; Helgason, Ásgeir R. // European Journal of Public Health;Apr2005, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p123
Background: The aims of the present study were to assess changes between 1995 and 2001 in the prevalence of child exposure to environmental tobacco smoke (ETS), attitudes towards ETS among parents of small children and awareness among parents regarding the potential hazards of passive smoking to...