Challenges in evaluating Welfare to Work policy interventions: would an RCT design have been the answer to all our problems?
- GYMS & CAPPUCCINOS. Canniffe, Mary // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p8
Focuses on the trends affecting the workplace in Ireland. Shortage of professional and skilled people; Competition in the development of employee packages; Offer of perks such as shopping and physical training facilities; Incentives for sales staff like prizes based on performance.
- Aviva pulls workplace savings plans as it reviews spending. Macdonald, Sam // Money Marketing;3/14/2013, p64
The article reports on the move by Great Britain-based Aviva to abandon plans to add new workplace savings options to its employee benefits platform Work:Life, which was launched in September 2012.
- Open culture is key to supporting staff. Mamo, Emma // Employee Benefits;10/1/2015, p44
The article presents the author's views on providing a supportive workplace environment to employees.
- Benefits aren't just bolt-ons. // Human Resources (09648380);Sep2010, Special section p3
The article focuses on the awareness regarding the availability of range of benefits to employees but also on the provision of the best combination of benefits that is specific to their organisation.
- Millhiser Smith Agency. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;6/23/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 48, p15
The article focuses on employee benefit programs offered by insurance agency Millhiser Smith Agency to make better working environment including break room with television, wellness program and flexible schedules of work and also mentions the agency's work to achieve Blue Zones certification.
- A New Year of Research. Wilson, Michael // Benefits Magazine;Jan2016, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p7
An introduction to the issue is presented in which the author discusses the study "Workplace Wellness Trends to Domestic Partner Benefits After the Supreme Court Decision."
- The Disutility of Equity Theory in Contemporary Management Practice. Skiba, Michaeline; Rosenberg, Stuart // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Fall2011, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p1
Equity theory was an important element in the workplace in the second half of the twentieth century, ensuring the fairness of employee reward systems as well as the balance among the business, government, and society sectors. Based on significant changes to each of these sectors in recent years,...
- Unemployed Texans will be paid past benefits. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);7/28/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 30, p6
The article reports on the extension of deadline for the qualification of jobless Texans for emergency unemployment benefits in Austin until November 27, 2010.
- Roll out the 'barrows. Albertson, David // Employee Benefit News;Jun2000, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p35
Focuses on the burden of compensation costs faced by employers in the United States as of June 2000. Information on the Employment Cost Index; Increase in benefit costs; Unemployment rate for April 2000.