Knowledge and risk behaviors related to HIV/AIDS, and their association with information resource among men who have sex with men in Heilongjiang province, China
- Natural History of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Type 1 Viremia after Seroconversion and Proximal... Lyles, Robert H.; Munoz, Alvaro; Yamashita, Traci E.; Bazmi, Holly; Detels, Roger; Rinaldo, Charles R.; Margolick, Joseph B.; Phair, John P.; Mellors, John W. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;3/1/2000, Vol. 181 Issue 3, p872
Studies the natural history of HIV-1 viremia after seroconversion and proximal to AIDS in a large cohort of homosexual men. HIV RNA measurements; Differences in HIV RNA load and CD4 cell counts; Preseroconversion HIV RNA loads and CD4 cell counts.
- The changing face of AIDS. Hower, Tyler // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/27/2003, Issue 831, p38
Examines the ways HIV and AIDS have affected and transformed the gay and lesbian community. Reduction of HIV/AIDS funding in order to meet budget shortfalls in the U.S.; Status of AIDS research; Development of improved therapies; Factors blamed for the trend of increasing HIV infection; Strides...
- SummerQuest 2003: big names, big dollars, poor returns. Bone, Travis D. // Gay & Lesbian Times;11/6/2003, Issue 828, p16
Reports on the 2003 SummerQuest, a fund raising event of the gay community in San Diego, California seeking funding for HIV/AIDS research and services. Highlights of the event; Concerns about the cost of SummerQuest.
- EDITORIAL. Massey, Liz // Echo Magazine;2/13/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p14
Comments on AIDS-related issues in the U.S. as of February 2003. Selection of anti-gay Christian activist Jerry Thacker to the U.S. Presidential Advisory Committee on HIV and AIDS; Publication of a magazine article on the phenomenon of bug-chasing, gay men who seek to become infected with HIV.
- Estimating Populations of Men Who Have Sex with Men in the Southern United States. Lieb, Spencer; Thompson, Daniel; Misra, Shyam; Gates, Gary; Duffus, Wayne; Fallon, Stephen; Liberti, Thomas; Foust, Evelyn; Malow, Robert // Journal of Urban Health;Dec2009, Vol. 86 Issue 6, p887
Population estimates of men who have sex with men (MSM) by state and race/ethnicity are lacking, hampering effective HIV epidemic monitoring and targeting of outreach and prevention efforts. We created three models to estimate the proportion and number of adult males who are MSM in 17 southern...
- Temporal Trends in the Incidence of Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection and Risk Behavior among Injection Drug Users in Baltimore, Maryland, 1988-1998. Nelson, Kenrad E.; Galai, Noya; Safaeian, Mahboobeh; Strathdee, Steffanie A.; Celentano, David D.; Vlahov, David // American Journal of Epidemiology;Vol. 156 Issue 7, p641
Although the incidence of and mortality from acquired immunodeficiency syndrome have declined recently in the United States, data are needed on the incidence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and risk behaviors among injection drug users (IDUs). The authors studied the temporal trends of HIV...
- North Korea reports zero HIV cases, claims it has no gays. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;12/30/2004, Issue 888, p32
Reports that the Democratic Republic of Korea said that it sill has no HIV or AIDS cases and does not have any homosexuals either. Interview with Han Kyong Ho, director of the Ministry of Health's Central Hygienic and Anti-Epizootic Center; North Korea's maintenance of strict controls on the...
- Under the Hood: Dr Christian Jessen. // Gay Times (09506101);Jun2008, Issue 357, p206
The article presents questions and answers related to AIDS, including why infections of sexually transmitted diseases put a person at more risk of getting HIV, and how to keep gay partners from discovering that he has only one testicle.
- FUN WITH AIDS DRUGS? // Xtra (Toronto);1/5/2006, Issue 553, p12
Focuses on a report which appeared in "The LA Times" regarding the use of the AIDS drug tenofovir among gays instead of condoms as a way to prevent HIV infection. Overview of how the drug is being distributed in gay dance clubs; Impact on condom use; Clinical trials funded by the U.S. Centers...