Comparison of risk behaviors and socio-cultural profile of men who have sex with men survey respondents recruited via venues and the internet
- 25 percent of N.Z. women have had gay feelings. Wockner, Rex // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/24/2003, Issue 800, p33
Reports that 25 percent of women and 11 percent of men interviewed in Dunedin, New Zealand have admitted to having had gay sexual attractions.
- ADVISER. Califia, Pat // Advocate;10/24/89, Issue 536, THE ADVOCATE CLASSIFIEDS p48
Answers questions related to gay. Sexual preference; Sexual behavior.
- Passing thoughts. Howey, Ned // Bay Area Reporter;3/20/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p16
Relates the views of a man on being gender normative. Discomfort in belonging to transgender groups; Need to ally with transgender people in the fight for equality.
- Why HIV infection rates are on the rise. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/12/2011, Vol. 21, p273
The article reports on the study by professor Zehava Grossman from Tel Aviv University in Israel which reveals an increasing number of newly-diagnosed men with male sexual partners infected HIV due to their partners already under HIV treatment.
- Technology helps us in & out. Ledger, Brent // Xtra (Toronto);12/20/2007, Issue 604, p13
The author comments on the role of the Internet in the coming-out process of gay men and lesbians. He states that the Internet was supposed to have helped closeted gay men and lesbians. He describes how technology teaches the community to believe that progress is swift. He mentions the drawbacks...
- Perceptions of HIV risk and protection among people from CALD backgrounds in Sydney: findings from CALD periodic survey and the late diagnosis study. // HIV Australia;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p27
The article offers information on the Sydney, New South Wales CALD communities: Periodic survey of HIV knowledge, perceptions and use of health services among people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds (the CALD periodic survey) and Understanding late HIV diagnosis...
- 'Science' Magazine Bans Antigay Bias. // Advocate;7/9/81, Issue 321, p11
Reports that the American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS) will require employers advertising in its official journal, `Science' to sign a statement that they will hire applicants without regard to sexual orientation. AAAS policy of non-discrimination on the basis of sexual...
- THINK ABOUT IT. // Advocate;10/8/91, Issue 587, p10
Reports on the research finding published in the journal 'Science' concluding that gays have a smaller hypothalamus than heterosexuals. Hypothalamus as portion of the brain involved with sexual behavior; Positive and negative views of the finding.
- Community : growth of the concept for Gays. Kepner, Jim // Advocate;7/18/73, Issue 116, p37
Discusses the changes in the meaning of the concept of being gay in the 20th century. Use of the terms 'gay' and 'homophile'; Use of the term 'homosexuals' to refer to persons addicted ton same-gender acts; Need for a homosexual to search for a community that will allow a life-style relevant to...