A cluster randomised trial of a telephone-based intervention for parents to increase fruit and vegetable consumption in their 3- to 5-year-old children: study protocol
- Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption among schoolchildren: Efforts in middle-income countries. Wijesinha-Bettoni, Ramani; Orito, Aya; Lowik, Marianne; Mclean, Catherine; Muehlhoff, Ellen // Food & Nutrition Bulletin;Mar2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p75
Background. To reverse the trend of rising child obesity rates in many middle-income countries, recommendations include increasing fruit and vegetable consumption. Schools can positively impact children's eating behavior, and multicomponent interventions that include the curriculum, school food...
- Introduction of Fruits and Vegetables into Children's Diets in the Iringa Region, Tanzania. Ludwig, Christine; Keding, Gudrun B.; Msuya, John M.; Krawinkel, Michael B. // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Jun2012, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p241
No abstract available.
- Top value. // Burke's Backyard;Feb2013, p95
The article reports on the need for encouraging children to eat more fruit and vegetables.
- The synthesis of qualitative research and evidence-based nursing. Flemming, Kate // Evidence Based Nursing;Jul2007, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p68
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Thomas et al., which examined barriers to increased fruit and vegetable intake in children.
- Parents influence diet. Polak, Monika // GP: General Practitioner;10/15/2004, p18
The article cites a study commissioned by Developing Patient Partnerships in Great Britain, which holds that fewer than a fifth of children aged seven to 16 eat five portions of fresh fruit and vegetables a day. The survey involved 1,013 children aged seven to 16 and 756 parents of children aged...
- How to make the most ofâ€¦root vegetables. Whiting, Mary // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/7/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4201, p20
The article discusses the various root vegetables that could provide better nutrition to children. It cites that the stronger the colour of the fruits and vegetables, their nutritional value is also greater. It also offers tips on how to cook root vegetables, such as sweet potato, swede and...
- Go SHOPPING. // Health & Fitness Magazine;Nov2013 Supplement, p16
The article features a list of fruits, vegetables and herbs and spices essential to start a three-day juice reboot which include cinnamon, apples and spinach.
- EAT MORE FRUIT. // New Vegetarian & Natural Health;Winter2003, p10
Reports on the statement of the World Health Organization regarding fruit and vegetable consumption and the prevention of chronic diseases. Statistics on chronic disease-caused deaths and low fruit and vegetable consumption.
- food fight. Haire, Pat // Sarasota Magazine;Apr2003, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p159
Focuses on the popularity of health diets. Disadvantages of the Atkins diet; Benefits of fruits and vegetables in diet; Increase in the recommended daily levels of fat and protein. INSETS: A GRAIN OF TRUTH;THE ASIAN MODEL.