A cluster randomised trial of a telephone-based intervention for parents to increase fruit and vegetable consumption in their 3- to 5-year-old children: study protocol
- Increasing fruit and vegetable consumption among schoolchildren: Efforts in middle-income countries. Wijesinha-Bettoni, Ramani; Orito, Aya; Lowik, Marianne; Mclean, Catherine; Muehlhoff, Ellen // Food & Nutrition Bulletin;Mar2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p75
Background. To reverse the trend of rising child obesity rates in many middle-income countries, recommendations include increasing fruit and vegetable consumption. Schools can positively impact children's eating behavior, and multicomponent interventions that include the curriculum, school food...
- Introduction of Fruits and Vegetables into Children's Diets in the Iringa Region, Tanzania. Ludwig, Christine; Keding, Gudrun B.; Msuya, John M.; Krawinkel, Michael B. // Journal of Tropical Pediatrics;Jun2012, Vol. 58 Issue 3, p241
No abstract available.
- Top value. // Burke's Backyard;Feb2013, p95
The article reports on the need for encouraging children to eat more fruit and vegetables.
- The synthesis of qualitative research and evidence-based nursing. Flemming, Kate // Evidence Based Nursing;Jul2007, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p68
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Thomas et al., which examined barriers to increased fruit and vegetable intake in children.
- Parents influence diet. Polak, Monika // GP: General Practitioner;10/15/2004, p18
The article cites a study commissioned by Developing Patient Partnerships in Great Britain, which holds that fewer than a fifth of children aged seven to 16 eat five portions of fresh fruit and vegetables a day. The survey involved 1,013 children aged seven to 16 and 756 parents of children aged...
- How to make the most ofâ€¦root vegetables. Whiting, Mary // Nursery World (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd);1/7/2010, Vol. 110 Issue 4201, p20
The article discusses the various root vegetables that could provide better nutrition to children. It cites that the stronger the colour of the fruits and vegetables, their nutritional value is also greater. It also offers tips on how to cook root vegetables, such as sweet potato, swede and...
- Low-Fat, High-Fiber Diet Offers Few Drawbacks. // Nutrition Health Review: The Consumer's Medical Journal;2001, Issue 82, p16
Focuses on the benefits of eating low in fat, high in fiber and rich in fruits and vegetables diet. Reduction of risk of heart disease, some forms of cancer and diabetes; Reasons for adopting the healthful diet concept; Detrimental effects of healthful diet on taste, cost and the convenience of...
- Become a healthy eater. Barr, Susan Learner; Belebeau, Arthur // Self;Jun2002, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p196
Focuses on fruits and vegetables diet during summer. Loss of weight from low calorie fruits and vegetables diet; Components of avocado for protection of eyes; Cancer fighting ingredients of berries.
- Five Ways to Get your Fruits and Veggies. // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;May2003, Issue 247, p16
Presents tips for incorporating fruits and vegetables into a person's diet. Healthy snacks; Vegetable soups; Colors, textures and flavors in salads.