Saving and Empowering Young Lives in Europe (SEYLE): a randomized controlled trial
- Suicide a social issue. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1995, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Reports on the social aspects of the incidence of suicide among young adults in New South Wales. Facts on young people who had committed suicide between 1988 and 1990; Suicide as a social issue.
- Youth suicidal behavior: Completions, attempts and ideations. Page, Randy M. // High School Journal;Oct/Nov96, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p60
Studies the suicidal behavior among young adults in the United States. Ideations about suicide; Indicators and signs of potential suicide; Guidelines in dealing with suicidal youth; School and community suicide prevention strategies.
- Suicide in Children and Young Adults. // American Family Physician;7/1/1995, Vol. 52 Issue 1, p302
Discusses suicide among adolescents and young adults in the United States from 1952-1992. Declining incidence in persons under 25 from 1980-1992; Increased rate for persons aged 15-19 years; Potential reasons for the changing trends.
- Suicide. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Mar2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the decline of youth suicide rate in Australia. Suicide cases in 1998; Possible reason for the decline.
- CNS News Round-Up. // PharmaWatch: CNS;Jan2006, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p2
The article presents news related to the pharmaceutical industry in the United States. A clinical trial of Oxytrex, an osteoarthritic pain drug released by Pain Therapeutics Inc., has shown disappointing results. The American College of Neuropsychopharmacology conducted a study to assess the...
- Nonsuicidal Physically Self-Damaging Acts in Adolescents. Garrison, Carol Z.; Addy, Cheryl L.; McKeown, Robert E.; Cuffe, Steven P.; Jackson, Kirby L.; Waller, Jennifer L. // Journal of Child & Family Studies;Dec93, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p339
To determine the frequency and correlates of nonsuicidal physically self-damaging acts in 12-14 year olds, a two stage epidemiologic survey with a self-administered questionnaire (N = 3283) followed by a psychiatric interview of a subsample of the adolescents and their parents (N = 444) was...
- Should antidepressants add suicide risk in young adults? Belden, Heidi // Drug Topics;1/8/2007, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p22
The article reports that an advisory group of the Food & Drug Administration Advisory (FDA) in the U.S. group suggested modifying antidepressant labels to include new information on the risk of suicidality in young adults in Canada. This recommendation from the committee was mainly based from...
- Preventive strategy. Colman, Adrian // Youth Studies Australia;Summer1995, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p12
Reports that young adults in Australia with suicidal behaviors will be the target of the government's suicide reduction strategy. Component of the suicide reduction strategy; Funding of pilot projects to test methods of suicide prevention.
- Seroxat set for further scrutiny. // Pulse;7/14/2003, Vol. 63 Issue 28, p13
Focuses on the review of antidepressant Seroxat, following a safety alert on link of the drug with attempted suicide among young adults in Great Britain.