The Internet as a source of reproductive health information among adolescent girls in an urban city in Nigeria
- Bromeliad Databases Available on the Internet. Butcher, Derek // Journal of the Bromeliad Society;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p86
Presents information on several databases on the Internet that provide information about Bromeliad plants. Cultivar Register; Bromeliad Species; Bromeliad Natural Hybrids.
- Research Rules To Live By: Eight Strategies To Ensure That Students Use An On-line Database Effectively. Low, Ann // School Libraries in Canada;2003, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p30
Highlights strategies to ensure the effectiveness of the use of an online database by students. Guarantee of a level of quality information by these databases; Provision of a definite structure by databases for research assignments; Questions considered by students during the use of databases;...
- Use TIS to Answer Repair Questions. // Automotive Body Repair News;May2009, Vol. 48 Issue 5, Special section p11
The article offers information on the Technical Information System (TIS) from Toyota Motor Corp. As stated, the system was created with busy technicians in mind and includes a keyword feature for quick and successful database searches. In addition, the company's Web site always has the most...
- BIBLIOLINKS. Borda, Ann // Multimedia Information & Technology;Nov2005, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p106
The article lists several online information resources on computers including K. Carey's Web site on accessibility, P. Clarke's site on content license, and P. Gerhardt's creative archive.
- Untapped and new resources on communication programs and trends; recognition of the discipline. Morreale, Sherry // Spectra;Dec1997, Vol. 33 Issue 12, p7
This section provides information on several information resources on communication programs and trends. CommuniQuest Interactive is a new and powerful tool for anyone who needs information about academic programs in communication and related fields. This online database provides one-stop access...
- Little Library Stories: It's Where We're Going! Nelson, Nancy Melin // Information Today;Feb1994, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p15
This article focuses on the use of new technologies in the libraries. CD-ROMs have become as commonplace a staple in libraries as books have always been. Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana, celebrated the acquisition of its two millionth volume with the accessioning of a CD-ROM. Also in...
- Inmagic Offers Spanish Versions of Products. Shigo, Kimberly // Computers in Libraries;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p52
Reports that Inmagic Inc., a global provider of content and information management software and services, announced the release of a Spanish version of DB/Text WebPublisher 5.2, a integrated database system that provides organizations with the capability to store, search, and obtain information...
- OpenURL. Dahl, Mark // Computers in Libraries;Feb2004, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p26
This article presents information on Open Uniform Resource Locator (OpenURL), a URL that links a citation to extend services that are independent of the information provider where the citation originates. The most popular use of OpenURL is to link article citations in an...
- Bloom's Literary Reference Online. // Booklist;4/15/2007, Vol. 103 Issue 16, p62
This article presents a review of the Internet Web site database "Bloom's Literary Reference Online," by literary critic Harold Bloom.