Verizon opens call center in Utah
Tags: CALL centers
- Call centre qualification. // People Management;01/09/97, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the Direct Marketing institute's creation of a qualification in call center management as a response to the growing number of call centers in Great Britain.
- Labour exchange. Reed, David // Precision Marketing;1/17/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p23
Considers the state of the call center sector in Great Britain. Shortage of skilled staff; Competition between Great Britain and India in the call center business; Advantages of the call centers in Great Britain.
- Top Tucson-area teleservices firms. Trower, Tanya // Inside Tucson Business;07/27/98, Vol. 8 Issue 18, p18
Ranks teleservices firms in Tucson, Arizona based on the number of their full-time equivalent employees, current as of July 27, 1998. Includes contact information; Services offered; Year founded.
- Telephone overload? Wallis, Anna // NZ Business;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p45
Reports on the use of a call center in various business environments. Reasons a for the setup of a call center; What should be considered by businesses considering setting up a call center; Management of a call center operation; Advantages of call centers; Reference to a survey by Added Value...
- Call centres: Battery farming or free range? Crome, Matthew // Credit Control;1998, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p12
Predicts that the British call center industry will have a lack of employees by year 2001. Presence of foreign employees; Competition for market share; Strategy for retaining employees.
- The accent is the message. // Management Today;Aug96, p14
Focuses on the importance of accent when carrying messages in call centers. Stereotype speech characteristics; Taking telephone inquiries; Preference for Scottish accent.
- Only a call away. // GP: General Practitioner;11/25/2002, p10
Reports on the role of Great Britain-based medical service provider National Health Service 24 in launching a health-related call center in Glasgow, Scotland. Functions of the call center; Number of workstations of the call center.
- Call centers are the strategic key to profitable... Orr, Bill // ABA Banking Journal;Feb97, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p66
States that banks are not getting the full benefits from their call centers. Possible reasons for this problem; Reference to a study which Financial Training Resources Incorporated conducted for ABA (American Bankers Association); Statements from Anne Livingston, ABA's associate director for...
- CALL CENTRES. Mofokeng, Poloko // Finweek;11/18/2010, p16
The article evaluates the services offered by the MTN call centre in South Africa.
- Verizon adds call-center jobs. // RCR Wireless News;4/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p15
Announces that the company Verizon Wireless has added a number of jobs to its customer service call center in Laurel, Maryland. Reason for hiring additional employees.