- Best Adult Books for High School Students 2009. Goldsmith, Francisca // School Library Journal;Dec2009, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p38
This article presents a list of books chosen by "School Library Journal" as the 2009 best adult books for high school students. The list includes "The Twin," by Gerbrand Bakker, "Ice Song," by Kirsten Imani Kasai, and "The Time It Snowed in Puerto Rico: A Novel," by Sarah McCoy.
- TOP 25 TEEN BOOKS. // Kirkus Reviews;12/2/2012 Best NonFiction & Teen, p86
A list of the top 25 teen books as of December 2012 is presented including "Master of Deceit," by Marc Aronson, "Wonder Show," by Hannah Barnaby and "The Diviners," by Libba Bray.
- New from ALA. // American Libraries;Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p70
Lists three American Library Association (ALA) divisions who have released books indicating their best book choices. Notable Books Council, Young Adult Library Services Association, and Library Service to Children. `Outstanding Books for the College Bound: Choices for a Generation,' edited by...
- Recommended For Reluctant YA Readers. Cheatham, Bertha M.; Cohen, Andrew // School Library Journal;Mar89, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p99
Presents a list of books that are recommended for young readers that are reluctant to read. Selection of the titles by the Young Adult Services Division's Recommended Books for Reluctant YA Readers Committee; Focus of the list on books that will interest children who can read but will not;...
- A Retrospective of "The Best" Cheatham, Bertha M.; Cohen, Andrew // School Library Journal;Mar89, Vol. 35 Issue 7, p106
Reports on a list of classic young adult books compiled by ALA's Young Adult Services Division. Number of titles on the list; Characterization of the books as "classics"; Types of books included on the list; Packaging of the list as an eight-page foldout; Presentation of the address to which...
- YALSA's New Readers' Choice Booklist. Ludwig, Sarah // Young Adult Library Services;Jan2011, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the development of the Readers' Choice Booklist, a list of books recommended by readers of the journal and members of the Young Adult Library Service Association (YALSA). It addresses the process of selection of books for inclusion on the list, focusing on the nomination of...
- THE A-LIST (Book). // Kirkus Reviews;8/01/2003, Vol. 71 Issue 15, p1015
Reviews the fiction book 'The A-List,' by Zoey Dean.
- 'Sandpiper' CHALLENGED. // School Library Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p17
The author reports on the debate at the Brookwood High School in Tusceloosa, Alabama regarding the book "Sandpiper." According to the article, some feel that the book is not appropriate for younger high school students. The book was checked out on August 31, 2007, and as of October 2007 had not...
- The Hot List. Raklovits, Amanda // School Library Journal;Mar2011, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p162
The article reviews the book "The Hot List" by Hillary Homzie.