Mickey Mouse Meets Konrad Lorenz
- Florence Nightingale's calling. Widerquist, JoAnn G. // Second Opinion;Jan92, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p108
Examines Florence Nightingale's life with focus on her calling as a nurse. Period and transition points of her life; Time of search and struggle; Formative influences; Finding her vocation; Nightingale as superintendent of nursing; Personal experience of God; Thoughts on work as a means to...
- Nursing's national museum. // Nursing Standard;5/9/2012, Vol. 26 Issue 36, p63
The article presents an overview of Great Britain's Florence Nightingale Museum and discusses events which will be offered in 2012 at the museum.
- Mickey Mori. Vergara, Camilo Jose; Lasky, Julie // Print;Mar/Apr98, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p18
Comments on a billboard in Gary, Indiana, featuring an eyeless, toothless Mickey Mouse doll lying in an alley. Reflections by a local resident on the implications of a dead Mickey Mouse.
- Florence Nightingale Is Born. // Scholastic News -- Edition 3;5/9/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 23, p3
Profiles Florence Nightingale, a nurse in England.
- Another Nightingale Lesson. Hamlin, Wendy // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jul2010, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the book "The Florence Prescription," by Joe Tye.
- Nightingale, Florence. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1585
An encyclopedia entry for philanthropist Florence Nightingale, who is credited for the founding of nursing as a profession, is presented.
- Florence Nightingale: nurse and public health pioneer. Ellis, Harold // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Jan2010, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p51
An obituary for Florence Nightingale, a public health pioneer in London, England, is presented.
- Living & Learning. Crider, Larry // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);7/26/2007, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p2
The article explores how Florence Nightingale served as a role model in the nursing of wounded soldiers.
- THE LADY WITH THE LAMP. // Child Life;Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p28
Presents the life story of Florence Nightingale, a nurse from England.