Scoring With The College Crowd
- Price Per Minute In Major Cities. // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p36
Presents an airtime pricing model concerning the use of wireless communication systems in the United States as of April 3, 2000. Basic service plan comparisons among telecommunication companies; Actual use model; Data from the Yankee Group.
- GAIT Phones Could Ease Migration Woes. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;4/8/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p20
Reports on the introduction of global systems for mobile communications ANSI 136-Interoperability Team (GAIT) mobile telephones at the Computer Technology Industry Association Wireless 2002 in Orlando, Florida. Benefits of the GAIT technology; Capabilities of the mobile telephones; Remarks from...
- Hand Weapons of the Modern Age. Abatemarco, Fred // Popular Science;Sep99, Vol. 255 Issue 3, p9
Discusses the proliferation of cellular phones in the United States. Factors that contributed to the market growth; Uses of cellular phones to consumers; Laws and limitations on the use of cellular phones.
- High-priced air. // Telephony;05/08/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 19, p18
Reports on the actions taken by European government and wireless carriers in response to the universal mobile telephone service (UMTS) auction in Great Britain. Implications of the sales of UMTS; Information on the bidders involved in the auction.
- Raiders of the Local Loop. Shultz, Paul // Rural Telecommunications;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p14
Forecasts on the monopoly of wireless communication worldwide. Number of wireless subscribers in the United States during the boom of wireless technology; Number of wireless subscribers worldwide by the year 2010; Price factor; Uses of wireless service; Speed factor; Diversity. INSET: A SECOND...
- Blocked Out. O'Shea, Dan // Wireless Review;9/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p36
Focuses on the prevention of blocked and dropped calls which affect wireless carriers and cellular telephone users. Definition of blocked calls; Possibilities of call blockages; Factors which contribute to call blockage.
- GAMES CARRIER WILL PLAY. Laughlin, Kirk // America's Network;3/1/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p28
Discusses the revenue of wireless telecommunication carriers from games on mobile telephones. Strategies used by game publishers in business; Dispute between Java's J2ME programming language platform and Qualcomm's proprietary BREW; Types of games dominating the wireless game market; Lessons on...
- Top 20. // RCR Wireless News;12/24/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 52, p16
Presents statistics in the wireless communications industry in the United States as of December 24, 2001. Total number of cellular subscribers of wireless companies; Estimated number of subscribers in individual states.
- Smaller, lighter, stronger. Beckman, Kristen // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p16
Reflects on the evolution of cellular telephones from 1950 to 2001. Description of the different types of cellular telephones; Highlights of the history of cellular telephones; Social relevance of the cellular telephone developments.