Shedding The 'Portal' Label
- Informio to offer voice-enabled enterprise app as enhanced service. Bruno, Antony // RCR;06/19/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p9
Reports on the establishment of the company Informio on June 19, 2000 with the goal of voice-enabling enterprise applications, either hosted at its data center or at the enterprise and providing wireless carriers access to these applications.
- Revving up voice-mail value. Blackburn, Connie // Wireless Review;04/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p56
Describes how voice messaging systems can help improve a wireless operators' services. Integration of voice messaging solution and service-management system; Signal control point; Detailed notification; Specialized services; Virtual private networks; Call sender.
- Voice as a commodity. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p16
Stresses the significance of voice-operated wireless communications systems in the United States. Status of the companies with voice-operated wireless communications systems; Efforts of mobile communications carriers to differentiate their wireless service.
- Mood lighting for messages. // Electronics Weekly;9/16/2015, Issue 2639, p10
The article focuses on the OrbMi gadget, a next generation voice messaging system built to help family and friends to stay connected through voice messaging.
- Wideband CDMA: Talk is cheap. Mattes, Hans // Telephony;06/08/98, Vol. 234 Issue 23, p188
Focuses on the impact of voice mail systems on the development of third generation wireless communication technology. Description of the first and second generation wireless technology; Features of the development of wideband code division multiple access (CDMA); Features of efforts to...
- Informio: Back To The Basics. Bourrie, Sally Ruth // Wireless Week;06/26/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 26, p37
Offer a look at the nature of the business of Informio company in Lexington, Massachusetts. Details on the wireless Internet network launched; Comments from Don Picard, chief technology officer and co-founder; Information on the company's infrastructure.
- The Future of Voice. Drucker, Elliott // Wireless Week;March2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p30
In this article the author discusses the challenge of growing 4G networks in the U.S. He argues how 4G networks will handle voice traffic in the future, as operators begin to call their current networks and operators worldwide to work toward a single long term evolution (LTE) VoIP standard. He...
- Towers of Babble. Sternstein, Aliya // Forbes Global;6/9/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 12, p58
Highlights the number of voice mail boxes in the U.S. Decline in revenue in North America; Importance of unified messaging.
- VoIP Drives Alluring Opportunities. Myers, Diane // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Aug2005, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the use of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) networks by several corporations in the U.S. Benefits of VoIP for business enterprises' communication; Value proposition of VoIP; Challenges for service providers in setting up hosted voice platform that businesses will be willing to pay...