Agilent Steps Up Cost-Cutting Efforts
- Jobs cut at UK opto site. // Electronics Weekly;11/6/2002, Issue 2075, p6
Focuses on the job cuts planned by Agilent Technologies Inc. from its Ipswich, England facility in 2002. Number of staff employed in the facility; Loss reported in third quarter 2002; Number of employees laid off.
- Agilent cuts 9 percent of work force. // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p29
Reports on the plan of Agilent Technologies Inc. to layoff employees as of August 2001. Reason for the move.
- Agilent Technologies Inc. // Spectroscopy;Dec2000, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p40
Focuses on Agilent Technologies Inc., a company engaged in designing and manufacturing test, measurement and monitoring instruments, semiconductor and optical components. Net revenue of the company in fiscal year 1999; Target markets; Analytical techniques supported; Details of its facilities.
- Agilent Gains Ground Despite Health Bind. Haber, Carol // Electronic News (10616624);09/04/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p54
Reports the increase in earnings of Agilent Technologies Inc. for the third quarter of 2000. Sources of earnings and revenues of Agilent; Product shortage experienced by Agilent; Products of Agilent that are in demand.
- Agilent Lowers Guidance, Blames Customer CapEx Cuts. // Electronic News;2/10/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 6, pN.PAG
Reports on the expected profits of Agilent Technologies Inc. for its fiscal first quarter ending Jan. 31, 2003. Amount of the expected revenue; Factors that contributed to the decline in the revenue; Anticipated earnings before restructuring.
- Strategic cost reduction. Delmar, Dan // Westchester County Business Journal;12/30/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 52, p38
Comments on the prevalence of cost reduction on companies in the U.S. Announcement of layoffs; Profits earned by firms through cost reduction; Impact of recession on the business sector.
- Yahoo Southeast Asia prepares for cutbacks. Davis, Anita // Media: Asia's Media & Marketing Newspaper;10/30/2008, p3
The article reports that cutbacks are expected for the Southeast Asian operations of Yahoo in Singapore in 2008. The projected cutbacks in Southeast Asia are blamed on Yahoo's announcement that it will reduce its global workforce by 10% to cut costs by $400 million. Yahoo suffered a 64% drop in...
- Agilent Orders, Revs Highest in Three Years. // Electronic News;5/24/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 21, pN.PAG
Reports on the increase in the profit of Agilent Technologies Inc. in Palo Alto, California on May 24, 2004. Percentage of increase in the profit; Product segments offered by the technology company; Cost of the test and measurement orders received by the company.
- Agilent's Mixed Q4 Report Yields Mixed Reactions. AMY REEVES // Investors Business Daily;11/17/2015, p00
The article reports on the increase of earnings of American scientific instrument manufacturer Agilent Technologies Inc. for its third quarter ended October 31, 2015 but posted a decline in revenue, which also offered fourth-quarter guidance below consensus.