Teledesic Narrows Contractor Field
- Teledesic selects buildout finalists. // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p29
Reports on the selection of Alenia Spazio and Lockheed Martin Commercial Space Systems as finalists to build a satellite communications network for Teledesic LLC.
- Teledesic Falls From Grace. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p1
Reports that Teledesic Corp. has decided to suspend a satellite construction contract with Italian satellite manufacturer Alenia Spazio. Details on the Teledisc project; Reason for the suspension of the project; Financiers of the company; Other troubled satellite communication companies.
- Teledesic suspends work on broadband satellite network. // Electronics Weekly;10/9/2002, Issue 2071, p8
Reports on the announcement of Teledesic that it is to re-evaluate the business strategy for its broadband Internet-in-the-sky satellite network. Plans of the company; Contract signed with Italian manufacturer Alenia Spazio.; Belief of Teledesic Chairman Craig McCaw on the services offered by...
- Has global satellite broadband re-awakened? // CED;Mar2002, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p22
Focuses on the construction of the Internet-in-the-Sky broadband satellite constellation by Teledesic LLC. Announcement of the construction project; Agreement of Teledesic with Italian satellite manufacturer Alenia Spazio SpA; Design of the constellation.
- Teledesic contracts Alenia Spazio for first satellites. // RCR Wireless News;2/4/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p8
Reports on the agreement signed by Teledesic LLC with Italian satellite manufacturer Alenia Spazio SpA to build satellites for Teledesic's networks.
- BRIEFS. // Wireless Week;2/11/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p20
Presents an update on the wireless communications industry as of February 11, 2002. Decline posted by the semiconductor industry in its sales performance in 2001; Wireless reseller agreement signed by Xata Corp.; Terms of the contract between Teledesic Corp. and Alenia Spazio SpA.
- Lockheed Martin Awarded Astrolink Satellite Contract. // Worldwide Telecom;Sep99, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p3
Reports that Lockheed Martin Commercial Space Systems has been selected to build four geostationary, Ka-band telecommunications satellites for Astrolink LLC. Information on the satellite systems; Background on Astrolink; Benefits of the systems for Astrolink; Information on both companies.
- EchoStar Hit Harder by Satellite Loss - Analysts. // Satellite News;4/16/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p2
The article reports on the declaration by SES that the AMC-14 satellite is a total loss. The loss is a blow to SES, but will create more problems for EchoStar, which had been banking on AMC-14 to help boost its high-definition strategy in the U.S. AMC-14, built by Lockheed Martin Commercial...
- Untitled. Silverstein, Sam // VIA Satellite;Aug2012, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p3
Satellite manufacturers across the board are still seeing strong demand for new satellites as operators continue to place orders at a healthy rate. Most manufacturers have won their fair share of orders in recent times. The question is can it last?