Vendors, Suppliers Locked In Mutual Bond
- Palm software upgrade wirelessly enables existing devices. Bruno, Antony // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p24
Focuses on Palm Inc.'s introduction of a wireless solution for its full line of personal digital assistants at PC Expo.
- Radiata breaks down walls with higher bandwidth. Meyer, Dan // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p30
Focuses on Radiata Communications Pty. Ltd.'s plan to provide wireless connection bandwidth in an office environment with costs comparable to much slower wireless connections.
- LAS-CDMA: Looking to 4G. Buckley, Sean // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jan2001, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p17
Reports the development of a large area synchronization (LAS)-CDMA by LinkAir Communications in San Jose, California. Applications of the wireless technology; Advantages in using the system; Details on the combination of LAS and time division duplexing to eliminate the interference problem.
- Goodbye, Spectrum. Werbach, Kevin // Telephony;11/17/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 23, p152
Comments on key issues pertaining to spectrum reform in the telecommunication industry in the U.S. Development of devices that transmit and receive wireless signals; Ways to share frequencies in communication devices; Trends and developments in the industry.
- Symbian initiative outlines new agreements. Bruno, Antony // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the introduction of new product enhancements through deals announced at the Symbian Developers Conference. Integration of Communication Intelligence Corp.'s Jot handwriting recognition system; IBM Corp. and Symbian's joint-development agreement to create wireless entertainment...
- Tessco becomes RC Networks supplier. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on wireless accessory supplier Tessco Technologies Inc.'s plan to become a multitier distributor for RC Network Inc.'s product family.
- The Wireless Web: Does the Emperor Have No Clothes? Darrow, Rob; Harding, Andrew R. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Sep2000, Vol. 34 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the failure of wireless Web carriers and vendors to consider user experience in the design of Web-enabled devices. Emphasis on solving technical obstacles related to wireless connectivity; Primary driver of Web adoption; Evolution of wireless phones.
- U.S. wireless spending totaled $45.2B last year. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p32
Reports total amount spent on wireless communications services for the year 1999 in the United States.
- Products. // RCR;02/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 9, p110
Highlights several wireless communication products. Products includes DUREL electroluminescent lamps and inverters from Rogers, Independence DDS VRLA battery from Yuasa Battery Co. Ltd., and SENSORGUARD from A&R Telecom Inc.; Product features and mechanisms; Contact information of product...