CenturyTel Cries Foul Play
- CenturyTel accuses Alltel of lies, broken confidentiality. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;8/27/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 35, p17
Reports on a lawsuit filed by CenturyTel Inc. against Alltel Corp. for releasing false and misleading information about CenturyTel's plans to spinoff its wireless unit. Contention of CenturyTel regarding a letter sent by Alltel citing the benefits of Alltel taking over CenturyTel's operations;...
- CenturyTel ups the ante. Weber, Toby // Telephony;8/27/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 9, p10
Reports the lawsuit filed against Alltel Corp. by telecommunication company CenturyTel in the U.S. Accusations against Alltel; Effect of lawsuit on the telecommunications industry; Views of the customers on the issue.
- Alltel: 'Negotiate, Not Litigate' Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;9/3/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the statement issued by Scott Ford, president and chief executive officer of Alltel Corp., in response to the lawsuit filed by CenturyTel against the firm for violating securities law. Information on the planned merger between the companies; Details of the lawsuit; Reaction of equity...
- Boomerang Bounces Into Court. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;02/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 6, p5
Reports on the lawsuits filed by subscribers against wireless communication firm Alltel. Complaints of the subscribers on Alltel's wireless service; Significance of the legal claim against Alltel; Focus on the Boomerang wireless service from Alltel.
- The Synagogue of Satan! Marshall, Chris; Marshall, Colin // Evangel;Autumn2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p65
The article comments on the implications of the increasing litigation culture in the U.S. and Great Britain. It questions the adoption of attitudes and practices that are against the Lord's call to promote reconciliation. It argues that the need to do things legally has led to honesty being...
- Employee out on FMLA leave? You can still insist on following call-in policy. // HR Specialist: Minnesota Employment Law;Feb2011, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p2
The article focuses on the call-in policies that employers could implement on employees who are going to be absent and are on a Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave in Minnesota. It cites the inclusion of the call-in policy in the employee handbook as the easiest way in making every...
- Convergys, Alltel settle billing dispute. // RCR;09/20/99, Vol. 18 Issue 38, p39
Reports on an agreement between Alltel Corp. and Convergys Corp. to settle pending litigation related to billing systems 360 Degrees Communications Co. was using when it was purchased by Alltel in 1998. Alltel's breach-of-contract lawsuit against Convergys in early 1999; Terms of the...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.