Catching The Waivers
- FCC Revisits E911 Deadlines. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;12/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p14
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) will soon tackle again the issue of E911 service deadlines given to cellular telephone service providers. Failure of AT&T Wirelesss and Cingular Wireless to meet the phase II E911 mandates; Appeal of the companies to FCC...
- Meeting the E911 mandate. Marble, George // Telephony;05/22/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 21, p74
Examines the shared solutions that wireless service providers must declare for compliance with the United States Federal Communications Commission's Wireless E911 Phase II mandate. Types of available shared solutions; Factors to consider when evaluating individual and shared solutions; Most...
- Number Conservation. Sill, William J.; Pearlman, Heidi C. // Wireless Review;04/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the extension given by the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on the deadline of the implementation of the wireless LNP. Impact of the LNP implementation; Criticisms on the FCC extension; Concerns of the FCC.
- More Calls For Auction Delay. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;4/22/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p10
Reports on the increase in calls for a delay in the spectrum auction by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission scheduled for June 19, 2002. Actions taken by legislators in the U.S. House of Representatives; Remarks from Don Evans, secretary of the U.S. Commerce Department; Members of the...
- CPP Issues Fracture Industry. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/18/99, Vol. 5 Issue 42, p30
Reports that wireless telecommunication carriers and special interest groups will submit comments on calling party pays to the United States Federal Communications Commission. Disagreements between PCIA and CTIA; Reactions from the California Public Utilities Commission.
- Push Off Or Push Forward? Cox, Dave // Wireless Week;07/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 29, p57
Presents an opinion on the deadline set by the Federal Communications Commission on the implementation of local number portability (LNP) by wireless carriers for November 2002. Statistics on wireless calls; Forecasted LNP queries that will generate transactions; Details on the SCP-LNP approach.
- Spectrum-cap changes could slice wireless pie. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p14
Explains that wireless communication companies are waiting for the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to determine the fate of spectrum-cap rules. Impact of the possible decision of the FCC on the industry; Discussion on the spectrum-cap rules of the FCC; Information on the...
- Funding Woes Hamper Wireless 911 Progress. Culver, Denise // Inter@ctive Week;01/18/99, Vol. 6 Issue 3, pI-8
Reports on the lack of funding for public safety access points (PSAP) that will give access to wireless callers for 911 emergency calls. Mandate from the United States Federal Communications Commission; Other factors that prevented the availability of 911 service to wireless callers; Background...
- CDMA prepares for E-911 requirements. // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p11
Reports on the plan of CDMA Development Group (CDG) to organize tests that will help wireless carriers determine the solution to the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) E-911 location requirements. What the trials include; Comments from Jim Takage of CDG; Distribution of the...