NextWave Moves Forward With Financing
- Reselling out. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;07/13/98, Vol. 235 Issue 2, p42
Discusses the wireless resale plans of the telecommunications carriers on NextWave Telecom which had planned to act as a carriers' carrier and sell wholesale minutes on its networks. MCI Communications' deal with NextWave to buy ten billion minutes over ten years; PCS providers and cellular...
- Wireless time. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;9/6/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p10
Expresses opinion on several issues related to the wireless industry in the U.S. Comment on the status of communication systems among local public-safety departments; Speculation on consolidation among wireless carriers; Outcome of auction for licenses owned by NextWave Telecom Inc.
- D.C. BRIEFS. // RCR;08/14/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 33, p20
Reports on various regulatory developments concerning the wireless communication systems industry in the United States as of August 14, 2000, involving NextWave Telecom Inc., Universal Licensing System and Wireless Access Inc.
- NEXTEL ASKS FCC TO RECONSIDER CREDIT GIVEN IN 800 MHZ ORDER. Jackson, Donny // Telephony;9/27/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 18, p12
Reports that Nextel Communications has asked the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to alter the terms of its 800 megahertz rebanding order to grant the carrier an additional credit for its spectrum contributions to the rebanding process. Suggestion that the FCC has undervalued its...
- Gearing Up For Consolidation. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;11/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 47, p37
Comments on the possible effect of consolidations on the wireless industry. Emphasis on the license deal of NextWave Telecom Inc.; Impact of the spectrum auctions of PCS on market competitors; Significance of a legislation which will prevent telecommunications licenses.
- FCC v. NextWave. Storey, Denis // Mobile Radio Technology;Feb2003, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p72
Comments on the U.S. Supreme Court's ruling that NextWave Telecom Inc. will keep its 90 wireless licenses despite its failure to meet payment obligations. Seizure and re-selling of the licenses by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission after NextWave's 1998 Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing;...
- NextWave Negotiations Continue. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;10/8/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the negotiations between wireless service providers, the United States government and NextWave Telecom Inc. regarding spectrum licenses of Nextwave. Response of government lawyers and legislators on the issue; Background information on how NextWave took the licenses from the...
- Network For Lease. Gohring, Nancy // Interactive Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 8 Issue 32, p31
Reports that ArrayComm Inc. and NextWave Telecom Inc. are touting the idea of mobile virtual networking operators (MVNO) or resellers that aims to significantly broaden the market of wireless data applications. Biggest worry of small wireless development companies; How Virgin Mobile made the...
- NextWave: We're a wireless player. Luna, Lynnette; Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;7/30/2001, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p8
Discusses the market potential for wireless service provider NextWave Telecom Inc. as of July 30, 2001. Effect of the protracted legal battle with the United States Federal Communications Commission and potential competitors; Business plan of Next Wave; Plan of the company to deploy code...