Lucent Targets More Layoffs
- Wave of Job Cuts Follow Mergers and Downturns. Moss, Linda; Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;01/29/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p1
Reports on the increase in layoffs in the cable television industry in the United States as of January 29, 2001. Impact of market consolidation and collapse of the Internet industry on the cable television sector; Lucent Technologies Inc.'s plan to dismiss thousands of employees; Merged AOL...
- Russo Back to Lead Lucent. Morrison, Gale // Electronic News;1/14/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p24
Reports that Patricia F. Russo would be returning to Lucent Technologies Inc. as president and chief executive officer. Her responsibility at Lucent; Russo's work experience; What Russo is known for.
- Former Lucent employees on secrets charge. // Electronics Weekly;4/17/2002, Issue 2048, p5
Reports that former engineer employees of Lucent Technologies are accused of stealing company secrets from another four companies. List of the companies which accused the former employees of Lucent.
- Reorganization leaves 61 in limbo. // Indianapolis Business Journal;02/10/97, Vol. 17 Issue 48, p8
Reports that 61 Lucent Technologies employees have until March 6, 1997 to secure new jobs before the company shuts down production development operation at its Indianapolis, Indiana facility.
- Lucent plans 10,000 job cuts, reports quarterly loss. // RCR Wireless News;1/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p26
Discloses telecommunications company, Lucent Technologies Inc.'s plan to cut thousands of jobs as part of an effort to reduce its annual cost by more than $2 billion.
- Lucent CEO salary. // Crain's New York Business;01/06/97, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p26
Presents information on Lucent Technologies Incorporated's chief executive Henry Schacht and his earnings for eight months in 1996. Amount earned by Schacht; Estimated amount to be received in bonuses; Other benefits received by Schacht.
- Lucent's latest labor: squelching speculation. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the rumor about the bankruptcy of Lucent Technologies Inc. in the United States as of April 2001. Comment of the company on the rumor; Number of employees it included in its downsizing efforts.
- Closing the credibility gap. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;05/01/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 18, p34
Reports on the appointment of Deborah C. Hopkins as executive vice president and chief financial officer for Lucent Technologies Incorporated. Hopkins' career background; Reason for the reported earnings shortfall of Lucent; Problems facing Lucent; Steps needed to strengthen Lucent's balance sheet.
- Crosstalk. // Telephony;02/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 9, p26
Provides updates on telecommunication equipment industry in the United States as of February 26, 2001. Inclusion of Convergys company to the list of most admired companies; Investigation on a former employee of Lucent Technologies Inc. who died in 2000.