PCIA Puts Its New Approach To The Test
- PCS show has fans, detractors. Luna, Lynnette // RCR Wireless News;10/2/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 40, p1
Focuses on the 2002 GlobalXChange show held by the Personal Communications Industry Association in Chicago, Illinois. Comparison of the 2002 show with the show in 2001; Highlights of the event; Plans for the show in 2003.
- PCIA, CTIA wireless data show dates conflict in 2001. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/31/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 31, p7
Reports on the overlapping of the trade shows of the Cellular Telecommunications Industry Association on September 10-12, 2000 and the Personal Communications Industry Association on September 11-14, 2000.
- PCIA announces it will sponsor Asia-Pacific wireless trade... Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;02/17/97, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p12
Reports on an announcement by the Personal Communications Industry Association concerning an Asia-Pacific wireless trade show scheduled for the Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Center in 1997. Projections on the number of persons attending the show; Comments from Jay Kitchen,...
- Fast packets: News from around the industry. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Feb98, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p10
States that subscribers in the United States, who sign up for wireless communications systems do so for personal rather that business reasons, according to the Personal Communication Industry association. Statistical information pertaining to the subscribers.
- EDR-Site Locator endorsed by PCIA. // RCR;9/16/96, Vol. 15 Issue 37, p28
Reports on the Personal Communications Industry Association's endorsement of the EDR-Site Locator, a map-based database of about one million potential wireless antenna sites, manufactured by EDR-Wireless Group.
- Finishing touches. Meyers, Jason; Carter, Wayne // Telephony;09/22/97, Vol. 233 Issue 12, p56
Describes the innovations made in wireless communication networks as exhibited at the Personal Communications Industry Association's PCS '97 show held in Dallas, Texas, on September 1997. Focus of Lucent Technologies on intelligent network solutions; Use of an open architecture perspective by...
- PCIA, industry players form mobile computing group. // RCR;12/07/98, Vol. 17 Issue 49, p10
Reports that the Personal Communications Industry Association has formed the PCIA Mobile Computing Advisory Group. Promotion of wireless mobile computing.
- Cusp Of Convergence. Smith, Brad; Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports that advanced applications of wireless Internet needs more bandwidth according to speakers at Personal Communications Industry Association GlobalXchange conference in Chicago, Illinois in 2000. Role of voice technology on the wireless industry; Opinion on third generation (3G) wireless...
- Intel's Down-to-Earth Wireless Strategy. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/02/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the wireless communication strategy of Intel Corp. who participated at the GlobalXchange convention of the Personal Communications Industry Association in 2000. Performance of the company's stocks in the third-quarter of 2000; Wireless offerings of the company.