When The Well Runs Dry
- Carriers take steps beyond Europe. Labarba, Liane H. // Telephony;05/03/99, Vol. 236 Issue 18, p44
Deals with expansion of wireless communication companies in Latin America. Findings of the survey conducted by Audits and Surveys Worldwide; What prompted the expansion; Companies that are making terrestrial investments in Latin America.
- Latin America and Mexico. Lerner, Norman // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p59
Reports on the growth of the wireless and wireline communication markets in Latin America. Limitation of access to investment capital; Expansion of the Internet market in the region; Influence of inflation on the prices of telecommunication equipment.
- Wireless finds a voice at Supercomm. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/06/98, Vol. 235 Issue 1, p74
Features several wireless products exhibited at the 1998 Supercomm which was held on June 7-11, 1998 in Atlanta, Georgia. Includes Stanford Telecom's gateway products for wireless broadband access for asynchronous transfer mode networks; ADC Telecommunications' CellSpan; Cylink Wireless...
- What you'll see in Geneva. // Global Telephony;Oct99, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p78
Features some of products that exhibitors at the Telecom 1999 conference in Geneva, Switzerland, will present to wireline and wireless carriers and service providers. Includes ADC Telecommunications' AccessPoint MPEG-2 over asynchronous transfer mode broadcast access system; ArelNet' i-Tone...
- Has wireless outgrown Supercomm? Meyers, Jason // Telephony;5/27/96, Vol. 230 Issue 22, p68
Focuses on the diminishing appeal of the Supercomm conference and trade show to the wireless communications sector of the telecommunications industry in the United States. Emergence of wireless-intensive trade shows; Perception on the value of Supercomm for an attendee with wireless interests;...
- Proving their Worth. // America's Network;02/15/99, Vol. 103 Issue 3, Network Reliability p6
Provides a roundtable discussion of executives of some competitive local exchange carriers (CLEC) regarding the reliability of telecommunication networks. Top concerns; Comments from potential customers regarding services; Concerns from corporate customers about wireless communication systems.
- Supercomm '97 wrap up. Boney, Karissa // Cellular Business;Jul97, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p38
Highlights wireless communication systems equipment and supplies introduced at the 1997 Supercomm Conference and Trade Show held in New Orleans, Louisiana in June. Equipment for protecting cell-site equipment; Power systems introduced by several power companies; Developments in test equipment...
- Carriers need to remain flexible for future opportunities. BECKMAN, KRISTEN // RCR;10/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p28
Highlights discussions during the 21st Century Telecoms Company Global Executive Symposium in California, regarding challenges facing the telecommunications industry in general and the wireless communications industry in particular. Outlook for the industry; Need seen for carriers to be...
- International Mosaic. // Flare (Pakistan);6/15/2012, p53
The article presents photographs of several telecommunication events.