Children's creative potential: An empirical study of measurement issues
- Assessment of gifted students for identification purposes: New techniques for a new millennium. Sternberg, Robert J. // Learning & Individual Differences;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p327
Abstract: The augmented theory of successful intelligence [Sternberg, R. J. (2003b). Wisdom, intelligence, and creativity synthesized. New York: Cambridge University Press] postulates that intelligence comprises creative skills in generating novel ideas; analytical skills in discerning whether...
- COMMENT ON GADZELLA AND PENLAND (1995): CREATIVITY AND CRITICAL THINKING. Bisset, I.M. // Psychological Reports;Jun2000 Part 1, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p848
Comments on the moderate correlations reported by B.M. Gadzella and E. Penland in 1995 for scores on the 16PF Creativity scale with scores in the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal. Interpretation of the scores within the context of literature; Suggestion that the 16PF Creativity scale...
- Is creativity related to scores on critical thinking? Gadzella, Bernadette M.; Penland, Elizabeth // Psychological Reports;Dec95 Part 1, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p817
Assesses associations of scores on creativity with those on critical thinking. Number of subjects who responded to the 16 PF Creativity scale and the Watson-Glaser Critical Thinking Appraisal.
- Creativity polymathy: What Benjamin Franklin can teach your kindergartener. Kaufman, James C.; Beghetto, Ronald A.; Baer, John; Ivcevic, Zorana // Learning & Individual Differences;Aug2010, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p380
Abstract: Creative polymathy at the very highest levels is rare, but this is largely the result of a long period of training usually necessary to become proficient in any field. We explain why creative polymathy is not ruled out by arguments for the domain specificity of creativity and argue...
- Normality doesn't suit me. Mulji, Priya // Eastern Eye;9/26/2014, Issue 1270, p33
The article offers the author's insights on her experience of being unique and realizing that such characteristics are wonderful to maintain a creative life.
- 4 Questions that will Revitalize your Business. Baker, Bruce // Crafts Report;Dec2012, Vol. 38 Issue 440, p40
The article provides questions that inspire self reflection and could be helpful for producing a more creative craft product. The article presents topics to be considered such as the necessary conditions to foster creativity and time to act creatively. The article also asks one to assess one's...
- Dear Readers. Clark, Christine French // Highlights;Aug2005, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p4
Introduces a series of articles dedicated to helping children develop their creativeness and thinking ability.
- Deep in thought. Chilvers, Di // Nursery World;3/12/2009, Vol. 109 Issue 4160, p18
The article reflects on how to implement the commitment to Creativity and Critical Thinking in the National Strategies of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) in Great Britain. This theme considers the importance of play and its connection with thinking among children. The author answers...
- CREATIVE ABILITY AND THE HANDLING OF PERSONAL AND SOCIAL CONFLICT AMONG BRIGHT SIXTH GRADERS. Albert, Robert S.; Elliott, Rosalie C. // Social Behavior & Personality: An International Journal;1973, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p169
Measures the creative ability of sixth graders with the use of verbal and pictorial material, their degree of perceptual defense regarding individual conflicts found in projective test measures and their manner of resolving social conflict situations. Absence of age or sex differences among...