N.Y. Rental-Housing Development Optimizes Heat-Plant Operations
- MontrÃ©al Landmark Receives COPPER RESTORATION. Knapp, Stephen // Construction Canada;Jan2014, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p8
The article offers information on the copper restoration of the Trafalgar Condominium Apartments building, a national historic landmark in MontrÃ©al, Quebec. Topics include the original design, conformance of the roofing system to the existing energy codes and standards, and the decorative...
- 179 Henry Street: A CASE STUDY IN CONVERTING FROM TWO-PIPE STEAM TO HYDRONIC HEATING. Rieber, Dan // Home Energy;Sep/Oct2012, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p32
The article presents a case study on the conversion of two-pipe steam into hydronic heating at a multifamily apartment building in New York City. It mentions that the building constructed at 179 Henry Street was established in 1965 with funding from the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban...
- Theoretic Assessment of Possibility of Leg Ventilation Duct in Thermal Insulation System of a Renovated Apartment Building. VOJKŮVKOVÁ, Petra; HORKÁ, Lucie; WEYR, Jan // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2015, Vol. 797, p210
The aim of this paper is to present a thermal technical assessment of the new innovative way of placing ventilation ducts in a thermal insulation system of a renovated apartment building. Suitability of various shapes of ducts and various thicknesses of thermal insulation system is assessed. The...
- Owner Revitalizes Nine of NYC's Worst Buildings. // New York Apartment Law Insider;Aug2012, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p1
The article focuses on the 10 million dollars worth of revitalization of nine of the worst apartment buildings by the owner in Bronx, New York City, New York.
- Fairway Forest Apartments to get major improvements. Cole, David // Journal of Business (10756124);1/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, pA7
The article reports that the ownership group of the 108-unit Fairway Forest Apartments complex has planned to renovate the establishment for 1 million dollars in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
- Once plush Graham Court said to be a death trap. Egyir, William // New York Amsterdam News;8/20/94, Vol. 85 Issue 34, p4
Reports on the deterioration of Graham Court apartments in New York, New York. Tenants' complaints about lead poisoning, plumbing problems, water leakage and sundry repair and service deficiencies.
- Do MCI Rent Hikes for Elevator Upgrades Apply to First-Floor Commercial Tenants? // New York Apartment Law Insider;Jul2009, Vol. 30 Issue 7, p8
The article presents an answer to a question on the costs of major capital improvement (MCI) will be passed on the professional and commercial tenants in the building in New York.
- RENT REDUCTION ORDERED. // Landlord v. Tenant;Feb2012, p13
The article reports on the claim by landlord that tenant has denied access for repairs in New York.
- Apartment rehab spruces up Fresno's 'Sin City'. Harvey, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;3/21/2014, Issue 324785, p1
The article reports that the rehabilitation of the San Ramon Apartments shows a sign that Fresno is a step forward to its goal of transforming the El Dorado Park neighborhood, also referred as Sin City, into better and safe community. The upgrade of the apartments has been finished by Zumwalt...