Taking a 'Belt and Suspenders' Approach to Cooling
- Why blowing hot and cold can make sense. Ward, Dean // Heating & Ventilating Review;Mar2012, Vol. 51 Issue 5, p31
The article discusses the benefits of self-adaptive simultaneous heating and cooling in four-pipe hydronic systems for buildings. It describes the use of Climaveneta Integra multi-purpose units at the Mediaset Studios and La Forgiatura office space in Milan, Italy. The system's ability to use...
- Reality shows. Holohan, Dan // Plumbing & Mechanical;May2014, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
The author reports on a house in a hilly, wooded neighborhood near Silver Spring, Maryland, that was fitted with hydronic heating system.
- Odebrecht site supervisors get trained to manage MEWPs. // Access International;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p31
The article reports that the Brazilian contractors Odebrecht has completed the International Powered Access Federation mobile elevating work platforms(IPAF MEWPs) for managers course wherein 26 of its job site supervisors were trained.
- What Scares You About 2014? SCALLY, KAREN M. // Site Prep;Jan2014, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p6
The article offers the author's insights regarding parenthood and her job in the magazine "Site Prep." The author mentions that the scary part of parenthood is the desire to perform well and to confront the unknown. She mentions that she will transitioning into new role in 2013 from being an...
- Ursa Major jockeys into position. Ross, Ian // Northern Ontario Business;Jun2008, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p33
The article reports on the move of Ursa Major Minerals in making site preparations for commercial production at the Shakespeare mine. Richard Sutcliffe, president and chief executive officer, states that he is anticipating for productive years upon seeking for resource operations towards the...
- SITE PREPARATION CONTRACTORS INDUSTRY NAICS 23891. // United States Industry & Market Outlook;2016, p1
Charts are presented depicting the market condition of animal food manufacturing industry in the U.S. on topics including employment trends, sales and industry establishments as of January 15, 2016.
- Cool Thoughts on HVAC. // Buildings;Jan2002, Vol. 96 Issue 1, p44
Presents economic forecast of facility equipment suppliers in the United States for 2002. Role of the Internet in facility management; Market challenges faced by heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) equipment companies; Major trends affecting the design and application of HVAC and...
- Winning in the hot water generation game. House, Jeff // Heating & Ventilating Review;Apr2013, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p26
The article discusses the developments in the water heating industry in Great Britain. It focuses on the new regulatory measures from the European Union (EU) Ecodesign Directives that define the performance standards in the sector. Based on the directives, the use of non-condensing water heating...
- A+ effort. Wall, Richard // PM Engineer;Nov2015, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p30
The article focuses on fixing the hydronic heating system at the Barnes Elementary School in East Hartford, Connecticut. The system consisted of original pipework and newer building improvements. The chemicals had loosened up the scale on the inside of the pipes and was not an effective method...