Chamber begins campaign against finance reform bill
- Cybersecurity Bill Dies In Senate, Despite Need. // Multichannel News;8/6/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p8
The article informs about a cybersecurity bill which has not been passed in the U.S. Senate despite being regulatory for the Chamber of Commerce of the United States of America and some cable operators.
- Chamber Proposes Action Plan To Ensure Audit Profession's Long-Term Viability. // Public Accounting Report;1/31/2006, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p1
The article presents information on the efforts of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to ensure the long-term viability of the auditing profession in January 2006. An overview of a report released by the Chamber titled "Auditing: A Profession at Risk," is provided. The three-part plan for the...
- Is the Legal Arizona Workers Act Preempted by Federal Immigration Law? // Supreme Court Debates;Jan2011, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p30
An excerpt from the Brief for the Respondents to a case filed by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce against Arizona's governor, attorney general, and the county attorneys responsible for enforcing the Legal Arizona Workers Act, as submitted to the U.S. Supreme Court on October 21, 2010, is presented.
- It's cominng soon, outside the Beltway. // National Journal;6/08/98, Vol. 30 Issue 23, p1273
Focuses on the efforts of the United States Chamber of Commerce to raise one million dollars to expand its drive against the antismoking bill sponsored by Senator John McCain of Arizona. Information on the inside-the-Beltway advertisement of the group; Support of the American Cancer Society for...
- Chamber adds its support for Sub S changes. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/17/98, Vol. 45 Issue 33, p9C
Reports on the United States Chamber of Commerce's support for the Subchapter S Revision Act, a legislation that would update the existing tax rules on S corporations.
- No wage hike. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/02/98, Vol. 45 Issue 40, p1C
Reports that the US Chamber of Commerce called the US Senate's defeat of a proposal by Senator Ted kennedy to increase the minimum wage for the third time in three years a `victory for small businesses.'
- U.S. Chamber raps ' death tax, ' seeks win in Congress. // Las Vegas Business Press;06/05/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 22, Special section p9a
Reports on the United States Chamber of Commerce's call for the United States Congress to eliminate the estate tax. Legislative bill introduced to phase out the tax.
- Kolbe touts immigration bill at district address. Zwilling, James // Inside Tucson Business;4/12/2004, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p10
Reports on the award received by U.S. Congressman Jim Kolbe from the United States Chamber of Commerce. Presentation of the Spirit of Enterprise Award to Kolbe; Recognition of the effort of legislators who vote with business issues; Significance of the effort of Kolbe to the businesses and...
- NO FREEBIES. Barlas, Stephen // Entrepreneur;May2001, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p100
Examines a bankruptcy reform bill in the United States (U.S.) Congress. Support of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce to the bill; Highlights of the bill; Issues connected to the bill; Discussion on the impact of the bill to businesses.