Illinois' Quinn OKs 'STAR' Pilot Program
- Illinois Delays $3.7B Taxable GO Deal So Investors Can Digest Quinn Budget. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;2/16/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33468, p3
The article reports that Illinois has postponed its 3.7 billion dollars taxable general obligation (GO) bond sale to give investors time to analyze the budget proposal given by Pat Quinn, governor of the state.
- Another round of pension bonds for Illinois possible. Burr, Barry B. // Pensions & Investments;7/12/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 14, p18
The article reports on the statements made by Illinois Governor Pat Quinn on the possibility of issuing pension obligation bonds to raise the contributions to the five state retirement systems.
- Illinois' Quinn Makes Bond Plea. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;2/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33469, p1
The article reports that Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has unveiled a 53 billion dollars budget for the fiscal year 2012 that will rely on a controversial 8.75 billion dollars bond issue so as to prevent a budget deficit of 10 billion dollars.
- Fiscal folly. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;5/10/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p2
The article focuses on the financial damages to the budget in Springfield, Illinois. It states the argument by the lawmakers over details of the proposed fiscal 2011 budget. It reports that the budget would make the payment technically high by introducing many bonds at one time. It further...
- Illinois Finance Agency Kicks Off Energy-Efficiency Bond Program. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/1/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33408, p3
The article reports on the launch of a state-supported borrowing program by the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) for its local government, school, nonprofit organizations and business clients to finance their energy-efficiency projects in Chicago. It states that a legislation signed by Governor...
- Illinois Set For $3.5B GO Issue. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/6/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33245, p1
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois is set to price about 3.5 billion of taxable general obligations bonds to cover pension payments for 2010. The debt matures in equal installments until 2015, a structure that was approved by legislators and signed by governor Pat Quinn. Moody's...
- Legislative Checklist. Dunn, Jamey // Illinois Issues;Jan2012, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p10
The article cites some legislation approved in Illinois. Lawmakers overrode Governor Pat Quinn's amendatory veto on a bill that would allow a motorcyclist to proceed at a red light if it fails to change due to a malfunction or failure to register the vehicle's weight. House Bill (HB) 3178 allows...
- Fitch Warns Illinois to Act on Pensions or Face Downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;1/14/2013, p3
The article reports on the decision of Fitch Ratings to place the state on notice that its single A general obligation bond rating faces a downgrade. Despite pressure from Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and the public to implement reforms that would cut down the state's 95 billion U.S. dollars in...
- Standard & Poor's Revises Illinois Outlook After Pension Overhaul Passes. Shields, Yvette // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;12/11/2013, p6
The article reports on the Standard & Poor's rating of its A-minus Illinois general obligation bond from "negative" to "developing" on December 10, 2013. It cites that the passage of the public pension reform signed by Governor Pat Quinn in the month as it mentions the retention of negative...