BABs: Keep Them Coming
- Australia: Bullish Infrastructure, Bearish Financials. // Emerging Markets Monitor;11/1/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 30, p7
The article discusses the forecasts for the infrastructure and financial markets of Australia.
- Congress must pass a multi-year transportation bill. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;6/28/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 47, p2
In this article, the author comments over the road transportation infrastructure in the U.S. stating that the U.S. Congress should take actions to provide multi-year funding for the projects to get complete timely and efficiently.
- Graves pushes Congress to reaffirm commitment to highways. Vise, Avery // Fleet Owner Blog;10/ 7/2014, p1
A blog on the need for the U.S. Congress to invest in the nation's infrastructure is presented.
- They're Already Coming. Wilner, Frank N. // Traffic World;4/2/2001, Vol. 265 Issue 14, p16
Focuses on the possibility of the rise in costs of infrastructure as told to the U.S. House subcommittee. Reasons for the rise in costs; Improvements in transportation infrastructure; Suggestions given by Lance Grenzeback, vice president at the transportation consulting firm Cambridge...
- Highway Trust Fund Faces 2014 Bankruptcy. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);8/5/2013, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p6
The article reports that the Highway Trust Fund is in danger of being insolvent in 2014, leaving the U.S. Congress with three options on how to prevent the main driver of federal surface infrastructure funding from reaching a shortfall.
- House Democrat Set to Introduce $50 Billion Economic Stimulus Plan. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;6/20/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31661, p5
The top Democrat on the U.S. House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee plans to introduce an economic stimulus bill that would provide $50 billion over 10 years for the construction of highways, mass transit projects, airport expansion initiatives, and other types of infrastructure. Of...
- Senate Commerce Committee Leaders Introduce Transportation Security Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;5/15/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32381, p5
The article focuses on a legislation submitted by leaders of the Senate Commerce Committee for transit agencies and rail infrastructure in the U.S. The legislation would authorized a 3.5 billion dollars in security grants to transit agencies and 1.2 billion dollars to rail infrastructure and it...
- Keeping the trust in the fund. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;01/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p7
Reports on New Jersey Alliance for Action's demand for the United States Congress to renew the Transportation Trust Fund in order to develop a stable source of funding for the state's transportation projects. Urgent need for state funds; Funding of transportation projects by increasing gasoline...
- Building Political Bridges. Natter, Ari // Traffic World;2/16/2009, Vol. 273 Issue 7, p11
The article offers information on the stimulus package bill passed by the U.S. Senate which gives much importance on the funding of infrastructure. It states that the legislation received no support from the Republicans when it was approved on January 2009. It is believed that thousands of jobs...