Program Would Expand Financial Options in Michigan
- We need to talk about pros and cons for a strong mayor for Tucson. // Inside Tucson Business;9/30/2011, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p20
The author reflects on the advantages and disadvantages of having a strong mayor government system in several U.S. cities which can be suggestive of implementation for Tucson, Arizona.
- Hindu Mantras Open Utah County, Provo City. // India -- West;9/28/2012, Vol. 37 Issue 45, pB28
The article informs that the Utah County Commission and Provo Municipal Council in Provo, Utah opened their meetings with Hindu invocations on September 18, 2012.
- Property Taxes Help Boost 3Q State and Local Collections. Seymour, Dan // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p7
The article reports on the increase of the state and local government's tax receipts in the third quarter of the year 2010 despite property taxes issues in the U.S.
- municipal cost index. // American City & County;Dec2009, Vol. 124 Issue 12, p55
A chart is presented that shows the municipal cost index based on data from the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics for October-November 2009.
- Too friendly to be legal? // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;10/1/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 232, p1
A photograph depicting the five-member of village board in Saranac Lake, New York, along with Mayor Clyde Rabideau, during the Mayor's Cup for Saranac Lake High School's football is presented.
- FHFA's Stand On Eminent Domain May Be a Winner. Borak, Donna; Berry, Kate // National Mortgage News;8/13/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p1
The article presents information on the Federal Housing Finance Agency of the U.S. that will take action against the municipalities attempting to use eminent domain to refinance underwater mortgages. It informs that the action is taken to stop the local governments like San Bernardino County and...
- Estimated 2013 Municipal Wastewater Spending. // Pollution Engineering;Dec2012, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p9
The article reports on the $5.5 billion estimated wastewater spending in 2013 of several municipalities in the U.S. based from McIlvaine Co.
- Geographic Technologies Group (GTG). // GEOWorld;Feb2010, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p29
The article presents the U.S city government that established contracts with the Geographic Technologies Group Inc. such as Oviedo, Florida, Tucson, Arizona, and Harrison, New York.
- MUNICIPALMATTERS. Mark, Jonathan // GEOWorld;Jul2012, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p12
The article mentions the consumers who use Open Data or municipal information presented by Vancouver, Washington (D.C.) or other state governments in the U.S. through portals and what they do from this information. People who use Open Data are application developers, academics and general...