Consumer Sentiment Climbs to 76 in June
- Consumer sentiment rising. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/28/2014, pA02
The Univ. of Mich. consumer sentiment index was 88.8 in the final Nov. reading, down from the mid-month 89.4 but above Oct.'s 86.9 and the best in years. Bloomberg's Consumer Comfort Index rose 2.2 points to 40.7 in the Nov. 23 week. The gauge of views on whether it's a good time to buy hit a...
- Confidence and Consumption Show Signs of Life. Demyanyk, Yuliya; Chapman, Samuel // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2012, p6
The article offers information on the Consumer Sentiment index from the University of Michigan on the consumers' level of optimism in the U.S. economy. It notes that consumer sentiment during the recession has evidently dropped, worst at 55.3 in November 2008. It reveals an improvement in the...
- U.S. GDP will pick up. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;11/21/2014, pA02
U.S. GDP will pick up from 2.2% this year to 3.1% in '15 and 3.3% in '16, said University of Mich. economists.
- Happy Days Again? Not Quite. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Money Management Executive;2/14/2011, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p3
The article presents the author's views on the economic condition in the U.S. in 2011.
- IN BRIEF. Ackerman, Andrew; Temple-West, Patrick; Siegel, Gary E. // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/23/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 27, p10
The article offers news briefs related to economic conditions in 2010 in the U.S. which include an increase in the initial jobless claims from 37,000 to 464,000, a 5.1% decline in existing home sales in June 2010 to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 5.37 million dollars, and the Conference...
- Surviving the Future - not just the title of this column. MORGAN, MAUREEN // Westchester County Business Journal;8/1/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 31, p20
The author discusses issues on the condition of the U.S. economy and how to survive in a greatly reduced economic environment.
- A Zakaria-Style Crisis. Whitham, William // Dollars & Sense;Jul/Aug2012, Issue 301, p4
A review of the article "The single biggest threat to the U.S.'s fiscal health," by Fareed Zakaria, which appeared in the June 25 issue of Time magazine.
- Author's work may go unfinished. Marcus, Morton // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/11/2009, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p9
In this article the author discusses oil prices, homeownership, and economic conditions in the U.S.
- Editor's Note. Macfarlane, John // Walrus;Nov2012, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p13
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses a report related to economic problems of the U.S., published within the issue.