Gulf Oil Catastrophe Spills into HY
- Oil & gas. Simons, Graham // Recruiter;9/29/2010, p14
The article discusses the impact of the BP Deepwater Horizon oil spill on the oil and gas sector with regards to the employees working in the industry in Great Britain. It states that job competition among professionals in the field intensified due to oil discoveries in the country and overseas....
- BP PIc SWOT Analysis. // BP, PLC SWOT Analysis;5/13/2013, p1
The article presents a strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats (SWOT) analysis for BP PLC, a vertically integrated British oil and gas company. Its financial performance in the fiscal year ended December 2012 is described. Strengths include a wide geographic presence and robust research...
- Oil's Three Mile Island? Vaida, Bara // National Journal;6/12/2010, p18
The article focuses on the efforts of lobbyists who advocate for oil and gas firms as they grapple with the fallout in U.S. Congress from the oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico in 2010. Crisis communications specialist Don Goldberg said the spill could end up being the sector's version of Three...
- Spill panel urges major reform. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Feb2011, Issue 836, p7
The article reports that a panel set up to investigate the Deepwater Horizon spill has urged reform for the oil industry and governments. The U.S. National Commission released a report on the BP Spill blaming complacent industry's management failures. The report placed the safety culture of...
- As BP's Oil Changes the Gulf, Gas Seeps Into Economies Elsewhere. Wang, Marian // Pro Publica;7/ 4/2010, p9
A blog related to expansions in petroleum industry after the BP PLC oil spill in 2010 is presented.
- Oil Spill Commission Calls for Urgent Overhaul of Offshore Drilling Proetices. // Flow Control;Oct2011, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p11
The article offers information on the reforms made by the U.S. Oil Spill Commission for the oil and gas industry. The reforms include the creation of an independent safety agency within the U.S. Department of Interior to ensure offshore drilling safety, and establishment of a distinct...
- SPEAK OUT. // Professional Engineering;9/22/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 15, p9
The article discusses how the global oil industry can minimise risk and ensure the safety of its personnel and the integrity of its drilling rigs and pipelines after the Deepwater Horizon explosion and oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- FROM OUR READERS. Neill, Bob // PRWeek (London);11/12/2010, p14
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the use of taxpayers' money on townhall newspapers, an analysis of the blogosphere and reaction of oil and gas firms on the BP oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Price of oil. // Christian Century;6/29/2010, Vol. 127 Issue 13, p7
The article presents commentary on the political response to the Gulf of Mexico Deepwater Horizon oil spill in the Summer of 2010. The author highlights the level of angry political discourse being spoken against the disaster but questions are raised criticizing the larger picture of U.S....