Bankrate Plans $280M Junk Bond Deal
- NTT/Verio Merger Breathes Life to Market. O'Leary, Christopher // High Yield Report;05/22/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 21, p1
Focuses on investors' assessment of the merger between Nippon Telephone & Telegraph Corp. and Verio Inc. and its impact on the high yield bond market.
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // High Yield Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 43, p6
Reports the junk bonds backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks.
- Bankrate/DynCorp HY Deals Price. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;7/5/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p2
The article reports on the high yield issuance made by North Palm Beach, Florida-based Bankrate and DynaCorp International, both in an upsized deal.
- Junk Investors Eye Anthem's Deal. // Bank Loan Report;11/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 43, p10
Reports that buyers of high yield bonds has started asking about the bridge loan backing the merger of Anthem and WellPoint Health Networks. Indication that the interim loan would be taken out with a bond offering; Terms of the deal; Impact of the deal on fees for several banks.
- Takeover Responses and Directors' Responsibilities–An Update. Lipton, Martin; Brownstein, Andrew R. // Business Lawyer;Aug85, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p1403
Focuses on the forms of takeover methods in the United States. Launch of bust-up takeovers financed by junk bonds; Responsibility of corporate directors to protect business judgment rule when responding to takeover bids; Aspects of takeover activity during 1984.
- CommScope LBO Begets $1.5B HY Deal. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/10/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p26
The article reports on the plans of CommScope to issue 1.5 billion U.S. dollars in junk bonds in January 2011 to help finance its acquisition by private equity firm the Carlyle Group.
- Ducommun Selling $200M in HY for M&A. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/20/2011, p16
The article reports on the 200 million dollar in high yield (HY) junk bonds being marketed by Los Angeles, California-based aerospace engineering and manufacturing firm Ducommun to help finance its purchase of LaBarge.
- How LBO Sponsors Are Dealing With Tougher Financing. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Nov2000, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p23
Presents a roundtable discussion on leveraged buyouts in the United States. Strategies in coping with increased costs and requirements; Impact of high-yield bonds on leveraged transaction business; Competition in the merger and acquisition market; Projections of The Audax Group chief executive...
- Apax Snags Bankrate.com Publisher. Davis, Avram // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;7/27/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 30, p17
The article reports on the decision of the global private equity firm Apax Partners to acquire the personal finance publishing company Bankrate, Inc. The deal is valued at 571 million U.S. dollars. Under the terms of the deal, Apax will pay 28.50 U.S. dollars per share to take the North Palm...