American Capital Succeeds with Tender
- American Capital Sweetens Exchange Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;6/21/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p6
The article reports that American Capital has amended its debt exchange offer under which lenders will get cash for bonds they exchanged.
- American Capital Sweetens Exchange Offer. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;6/21/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p3
The article reports on the move by Bethesda, Maryland-based asset manager and private equity company American Capital to amend its exchange offer so that holders of the firm's 550 million U.S. dollar bonds and 390 million dollar privately placed term notes can choose whether to take all cash or...
- Overcrowded Jail Market Puts Counties at Risk, Experts Say. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/29/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31687, p30
Reports that an increasing trend of private jail construction designed to encourage economic development in Southwest region in the U.S. poses a risk for bondholders and counties in the region. Intentions behind building major jails in minor counties; Problems associated with jails built 35...
- UH-OH Here Come the Bondholders. Johnson, Mark // Global Finance;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p18
Provides information bondholders and bond purchasing in Europe. Condition of the bond market in the region; Discussion on how bond investors value their companies; Comparison with the bond market status of the U.S. INSETS: TO KNOW YOU IS TO LOVE YOU;DOs & DON'Ts;WE'RE IN CHARGE NOW;HOW BOND...
- Bondholders and Stockholders. McDaniel, Morey W. // Journal of Corporation Law;Winter88, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p205
Fueled by enormous quantities of debt, the restructuring of corporate America shows no signs of running out of steam. It is a wrenching phenomenon. But we are witnessing far more than a reallocation of resources to their highest valued use. We also are witnessing a massive transfer of wealth...
- THE BOND BUYER: TOP 10 E-Mailed Stories. // Bond Buyer;6/1/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33325, p45
The article lists the top 10 electronic-mailed (e-mailed) stories related to bonds in the U.S. as of May 28, 2010 including the U.S. Internal Revenue Service withholding direct-payment subsidies for Build America Bonds (BAB) issued by Austin, Texas, the liquidity issue faced by floating-rate...
- For bond trustees, how much caution is too much? McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30661, p6
Discusses the cautiousness of bondholders in the United States. Prevention of bondholders from getting what they are entitled; Losses of bond trustees; Laws on bankruptcy and reserve funds.
- Palmdale, Calif., to reimburse portion of defaulted bonds. Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;02/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30583, p32
States that bondholders for Palmdale, California's Assessment District 1988-1 fund will be get paid for their investment after the failure of the district's bonds. Factors contributing to the failure of the bond; Amount to be received by investors.
- Issuers wary of extending rights for bondholders in Hatch's IRS appeal bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;04/30/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30383, p1
Reports on the emergence of questions regarding the bond issuer provision in the US Senate's Internal Revenue Service restructuring bill. Creation of appeal rights for bondholders; Effect of additional bondholders' appeal rights on increased borrowing costs; Importance of clarifying limitation...